Taking a page from the American Idol theme book, on Dancing with the Stars Junior next week, the 10 remaining contestants will be dancing to a song that came out the year they were born. Get really to feel super old! The episode airs on Sunday October 14 at 8 pm.
DWTSJr was filmed last August. Therefore the elimination set for the end of the night will be based on judges scores and in-studio audience votes.
Each couple will perform a cha cha, jive, paso doblé, quickstep, salsa, Argentine tango or foxtrot. Each couple will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):
- Akash Vukoti and Kamri Peterson (mentored by Witney Carson) – Cha Cha – “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz
- Ariana Greenblatt and Artyon Celestine (mentored by Brandon Armstrong) – Jive – “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne
- Honey Boo Boo and Tristan Ianiero (mentored by Artem Chigvintsev) – Cha Cha – “Don’t Cha” by The Pussycat Dolls & Busta Rhymes
- Hudson West and Kameron Couch (mentored by Hayley Erbert) – Paso Doblé – “4 Minutes” by Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
- Jason Maybaum and Elliana Walmsley (mentored by Emma Slater) – Jive – “Shake It” by Metro Station
- Mackenzie Ziegler and Sage Rosen (mentored by Gleb Savchenko) – Quickstep – “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet
- Mandla Morris and Brightyn Brems (mentored by Cheryl Burke) – Salsa – “Pump It” by The Black Eyed Peas
- Miles Brown and Rylee Arnold (mentored by Lindsay Arnold) – Argentine Tango – “I Don’t Want to Be” by Gavin DeGraw
- Sky Brown and JT Church (mentored by Alan Bersten) – Cha Cha – “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga featuring Colby O’Donis
- Sophia Pippen and Jake Monreal (mentored by Sasha Farber) – Foxtrot – “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
Hosted by Dancing with the Stars season 25’s Mirrorball Trophy winner Jordan Fisher and finalist Frankie Muniz, Dancing with the Stars: Juniors is a fresh take on an established favorite in which 12 celebrity kids are partnered with professional junior ballroom dancers to perform choreographed routines that are judged by Emmy® Award-winning choreographer Mandy Moore, professional dancer Val Chmerkovskiy, and Dancing with the Stars: Athletes champion, Adam Rippon.