The 11 Remaining Celebrities Dance to Significant Moments From Their Past to Commemorate Their Most Memorable Year on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars
Break out the tissues! Next week on Dancing with the Stars, it’s the always emotional “Most Memorable Year” night. The THIRD elimination of the season will take place at the end of the show. So, despite there being no elimination last week, the show isn’t doubling up on eliminations…yet. Read on for dance styles and song selections below.
The 11 remaining celebrities wax nostalgic as they stroll down memory lane and celebrate with a dance to a time in their lives that left a lasting impression, as Most Memorable Year night comes to Dancing with the Stars live, Monday, October 9 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.
Each couple will dance to a song of the celebrity’s choosing that encompasses a memorable time or truly incredible experience in their life, with the performances coming straight from the heart and showcasing some of the most emotional routines of the season. Viewers can expect to see Jordan celebrating 2005, which was when he was officially adopted by his grandparents; Nick re-living 2011, which was the year he married Vanessa; Vanessa dancing to 2016, the year son Phoenix was born but 10 weeks premature; Nikki revisiting 2015 when she had to go through a possible career-ending surgery to mend her broken neck; and Victoria rejoicing to 2017, when she was no longer paralyzed and dancing on the show, to name a few. Each couple will perform a jazz, jive, quickstep, Viennese waltz, contemporary, foxtrot or rumba, vying for America’s vote.
At the end of the night, based on viewer and judges’ votes from the September 25 and October 2 telecasts, one couple will be eliminated.
Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):
- Derek Fisher and Sharna Burgess – Jazz – “Move On Up” by Curtis Mayfield
- Drew Scott and Emma Slater – Jive – “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
- Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson – Quickstep – “Adventure of a Lifetime” by Coldplay
- Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold – Contemporary – “Take Me Home” by Us The Duo
- Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas – Viennese Waltz – “Anchor” by Mindy Gledhill
- Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd – Contemporary – “Falling Slowly” by Marketa Irglova & Glen Hansard
- Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev – Contemporary – “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten
- Sasha Pieterse and Gleb Savchenko – Foxtrot – “Over My Head (Cable Car)” by The Fray
- Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke – Viennese Waltz – “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston
- Vanessa Lachey and Maks Chmerkovskiy – Rumba – “Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)” by Nick Lachey
- Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy – Foxtrot – “I Lived” by OneRepublic
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, and dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- The Voice Season 13 Recap: Top 8 Results Live Blog (VIDEO) - 12/12/2017
- Concert Schedule: Adam Lambert, Pentatonix - 12/12/2017
- Headlines: Sundance Head Music Update, NBC Sets Emmy Date - 12/12/2017