Here are your Dancing with the Stars spoilers for week 9, including theme, songs and dance styles. The six remaining couples perform a new dance style before pairing up with another couple to face off for a “showstoppers” round, featuring music from jukebox musicals.
Check out the details below. Additional dance styles via Pure DWTS
This week the six remaining Dancing with the Stars couples perform two show-stopping dances on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET). For the first routine, the couples will reveal a dance style not yet performed this season. Later in the show, they will be moved into teams to perform a side-by-side dance. Inspiration for the team routines were drawn from each teams’ travels around the country to experience live productions of famous shows such as The Beatles™ LOVE™ by Cirque du Soleil®, Broadway’s Chicago and Royal Caribbean’s “We Will Rock You.” At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated.
The couples will dance to the following songs:
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – ‘Back It Up’by Prince Royce f. Jennifer Lopez + Pitbull – Salsa
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – ‘Make it Rain’ by Ed Sheeran – Contemporary
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – ‘Roses and Violets’ by Alexander Jean – Viennese Waltz
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – ‘What Do You Mean’ by Justin Bieber – Argentine Tango
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – ‘A Cool Cat In Town’ by Tape Five – ?
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – ‘Wicked Game’ by James Vincent McMorrow – ?
The teams will dance to songs from the following shows:
- Alek, Lindsay, Carlos & Witney dancing a Paso Doble to “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- Alexa, Mark, Bindi & Derek dancing a Charleston to “All That Jazz/Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago
- Nick, Sharna, Tamar & Val dancing a Rumba to “Hey Jude” from Ciruqe du Soleil® The Beatles® LOVE™
Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy® Award-winning choreographer Julianne Hough.