David Cook performs on Saturday Night Live tonight. Ben Affleck hosts, Republican presidential candidate, John McCain, makes a special appearance
Thanks to Gwen, we have a spoiler for tonight:
Yay! He did, in fact, sing Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œDeclarationÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ and Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œLight OnÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ . HereÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s more, from rehearsal:
David sang, did not play the guitar. Declaration is a mid range rock song. They really liked it.
The audience responded very well, and after the song David, Andy, Neal, Joey and Kyle stood on stage and hugged each other. They were clearly stoked.
More in comments!
- Tina Fey (Palin) and John McCain on QVC!!! Ha ha ha…
- Ben Affleck as Keith Olbermann = LOLZ!!!!
- David and the band sang “Light On” at show midpoint – He looked a little nervous, but he did a nice job. That transition in the chorus to the softer notes is a tough one… I have to say, hearing the song live doesn’t make me like it more.
- John McCain on Weekend Update – “The Sad Grampa” Heh!.
- “Declaration” was David’s second song — I’m liking this song way more than “Light On”. It’s a melodic straight-ahead rocker–just what I expected from Davd based on his musical influences and earlier work.
You Know What…after the JUMP!!!
John McCain and Tina Fey Cold Opening:
John McCain on Weekend Update:
Ben Affleck as Keith Olbermann – The bit about his mother and his cat at the end had me howling…and Ilike Keith Olbermann.