We’re down to 5 couples on Dancing with the Stars season 24. Here’s everything you need to know for next Monday’s (May 10) show.
On next week’s Dancing with the Stars, the five remaining couples complete two full dances–one in which the pros pick the song and dance style, plus a special trio round in which the judges choose the trio partners. Also, get a sneak peek preview performance of the all-new tour, Dancing with the Stars Live! – Hot Summer Nights.
One couple will be eliminated by the end of the night.
With just a few weeks left in the competition before heading towards the finals, the five remaining couples find themselves tasked with completing two full dances. In the first round dance, the pros will choose the song and dance style, and for the second, the couples will perform in a Trio Round with a new twist, in which the judges have chosen the trio partners, on Dancing with the Stars live, MONDAY, MAY 8 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.
In addition, there will be a sneak-peek preview performance from the upcoming tour, Dancing with the Stars Live! – Hot Summer Nights. featuring the show’s amazing pro and troupe dancers. The all-new tour will be traveling to over 40 cities nationwide starting June 16.
For the first full dance, the pros chose the song and dance style that they thought best-suited their celebrity partners:
- Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Foxtrot – “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
- Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Argentine Tango – “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
- Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Jive – “Shake a Tail Feather” by Blues Brothers
- Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Contemporary – “Freedom” by Anthony Hamilton and Elayna Boynton
- David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Waltz – “Humble and Kind” by Tim McGraw
For the second dance, the judges chose which troupe member would join each couple to perform in a special Trio Round:
- Simone Biles & Sasha Farber & Brittany Cherry – Paso Doblé – “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers featuring Daya
- Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess & Britt Stewart – Jazz – “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars
- Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater & Witney Carson – Argentine Tango – “Dreams” by Gabrielle Aplin & Bastille
- Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy & Alan Bersten – Jive – “Feeling Alive” by Earl St. Clair
- David Ross & Lindsay Arnold & Hayley Erbert – Paso Doblé – “Gangsta’s Paradise” by 2WEI
The judges’ scores from both dances will be combined along with viewer votes.
Each celebrity will perform a contemporary, foxtrot, Argentine tango, jive, waltz, paso doblé or jazz. One couple will be eliminated at the end of the night.
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.