Here are all the details you need for next week’s two-night Dancing with the Stars premiere! The official ABC press release includes song spoilers. I’ll add routine spoilers from PureDWTS. I’ll be updating this post, so bookmark it!
Next Tuesday is more or less a clip show; There won’t be a live blog. However, the following Monday and Tuesday will be live shows, with the first elimination of the season. Franky will be live blogging…so be there.
ABC’S HIT SHOW “DANCING WITH THE STARS” RETURNS WITH A SPECIAL TWO-NIGHT PREMIERE ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 A SPECIAL SHOW “DANCING WITH THE STARS: FIRST DANCES” AIRS ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
The competition begins with the two-hour season Dancing with the Stars premiere, LIVE, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The premiere episode will kick off with the biggest number in DWTS history shot on Hollywood Boulevard. The night continues with each couple dancing a Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Salsa, Quickstep or Jive, vying for America’s vote for the first time. No couples will be eliminated on week 1, and they will all advance to week 2 of the competition.
Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs:
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – “Ten Feet Tall” by Afrojack ft. Wrabel – Foxtrot
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – “Whistle (While You Work It)” by Katy Tiz – Jive
- Andy Grammer & Allison Holker – “Marvin Gaye” by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor – Foxtrot
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John – Jive
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown – Jive
- Chaka Khan & Keo Motsepe – “I Feel For You” by Chaka Khan – Cha Cha Cha
- Gary Busey & Anna Trebunskaya – “Dancing in the Street” by David Bowie & Mick Jagger – Cha Cha Cha
- Hayes Grier & Emma Slater – “Cheerleader” by Omi
- Kim Zolciak Biermann & Tony Dovolani – “Hey Mama” by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj, Afrojack & Bebe Rexha
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – “I Don’t Like It, I Love It” by Flo. Rida ft. Robin Thicke – Cha Cha Cha
- Paula Deen & Louis van Amstel – “Hey Good Lookin’ by Carol Welsman – Quickstep
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – “Do Your Thing” by Basement Jaxx – Quickstep
- Victor Espinoza & Karina Smirnoff – “G.D.F.R.” by Flo Rida – Salsa
“Dancing with the Stars” two-night premiere continues on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 (9:00-11:00 P.M., ET) with “DANCING WITH THE STARS: FIRST DANCES,” where viewers have a chance to see the couples’ dances from the previous night one more time. The show will be packed with never before seen footage from the night before, extended training packages, exclusive interviews with the couples, and a glimpse of what’s to come on week 2 of “Dancing with the Stars,” where there will be two LIVE shows with couples dancing new routines for each night.
Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy®-nominated choreographer Julianne Hough.
For the first week, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at www.ABC.com and on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ is open for 15 hours, beginning from the start of the episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 11:00 a.m., ET/8:00 a.m., PT the next day. For week two, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday and Tuesday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. From week three until the finale, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday nights during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at www.ABC.com and on Facebook athttps://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT on Tuesday evenings.