Here’s yer Idol Billboard Chart. A little late, ’cause of the extra night of Idol goodness this week.
- According to Billboard Magazine, “the Grammy Awards also had a major impact on sales this week.” Grammy performers and winners experienced sales increases this week, including Carrie Underwood. Her album “Some Hearts” that a 60% increase from last week.
- The Grammy bounce for others pushed DAUGHTRY down the Billboard 200, from #3 to #9. However, his sales increased by by 34%.
- Daughtry’s single, “It’s Not Over” is #1 on the Hot Adult 40 chart. The single continues to do well on Rock and Pop charts. Chris Daughtry’s song “Home” is officially the Idol boot song. Meaning, millions of Idol viewers will hear it on a weekly basis. No doubt, the exposure will DAUGHTRY’s sales and chart position.
- Taylor Hicks single, “Just to Feel That Way” rose from #30 to #26 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart. Taylor began a nationwide tour this week. No doubt, he’ll be promoting the tour and the single at radio stations along the way. The promotion should give Taylor’s album and single a boost.
- Josh Gracin’s single, “I Keep Coming Back” has been on the Hot Country Singles and Tracks chart for 19 weeks. It’s slowly climbed up the charts in that time and now sits at #28. Josh could wind up with a Top 20 country hit.
For more chart information, check out Donna Reynolds’ Idol Chart Watch at foxesonidol.com