You can follow along with your Idols on Billboard chart here.
- According to Billboard, sales picked up this week with Pretty Ricky (#1) and the Shins (#2) breaking the 100, 000 sales mark on the Billboard 200.
- Chris Daughtry’s album DAUGHTRY slipped to #3 this week, “despite a 23% sales increase to 80, 000.” Daughtry slips to #2 on the Top Rock Album chart, behind the Shin’s new album.
- Taylor Hicks drops from #50 to #63. However, his single “Just to Feel That Way” is officially released to radio on Monday. And, in a few weeks, he begins a Nationwide Tour that is selling out in many cities. I expect sales for Taylor’s CD to improve in the next couple of weeks.
- Katharine McPhee’s debut album dropped this week. Her single “Over It” is currently making it’s way up some radio charts, although it has not impacted the Billboard charts yet. Hits Daily Double estimates first week sales for Katharine’s CD at around the 115k mark, with a #2 finish behind Nora Jones on the Billboard 200.
- Carrie Underwood’s “Some Heart’s” sits at #1 on the Top Country Album chart for the second week in a row.
- Daughtry’s single “It’s Not Over” sits pretty at #4 on the Billboard 100. Chris Daughtry has got a bonafide hit on his hands.
For more chart news, check out Donna Reynold’s Chart Watch at Foxesonidol.com. thanks nevada