Last night was a live eviction episode of Big Brother 19. Read on to see who won HoH and where the Houseguests stand for the week.
Last night was a live eviction episode of Big Brother 19. By a vote of 7 – 3 – 0, Cody was evicted from the Big Brother house. After the live show, Alex won the HoH competition and nominated Dominique and Jessica for eviction. But before I get to my predictions of the upcoming week, let me discuss the events of the previous week that led to Cody’s eviction.
CODY: After Cody’s unsuccessful attempt at backdooring Paul, he became public enemy #1 in the house. He had most of the house against him, and there was little he could’ve done to save himself when Paul won HoH last week. He just placed his hopes on a possible battle back competition, which turns out will indeed happen next week. If Cody returns to the game next week, will he be sent right back out the house or will he be able to stay and fight?
Last week, there was a solid majority alliance that included Christmas, Paul, Matt, Raven, Elena, Mark, and Dominique. However, this alliance is already starting to fracture. Matt, Raven, and Elena are still solidly together, and they trust Paul too. They’ve become wary of Christmas, but Mark and Dominique are now on the outs of this group. Mark and Dominique are each other’s closest allies, and several Houseguests have become aware at how close the two of them are.
Paul is still in a decent spot, and several Houseguests still trust him. Paul is especially close with Kevin. As for Kevin, he’s still playing both sides of the house. He seems closest with Paul, but he says he’s close with Alex and Jason too. Christmas is staying close with people in her original alliance too, but she seems to tell Paul the most information.
Alex and Jason are a tight alliance, and they claim to be each other’s closest ally. They were not on the same page with nominations this week, though. Jason wanted Alex to put two big targets on the block and keep Jessica safe, but Alex was adamant about putting Jessica on the block.
Jessica and Ramses are completely alone in the game without any close allies. They’ve talked about looking out for each other in the game since they’re in the same boat game-wise, but they aren’t actual allies yet. As for Josh, he’s someone that will just be used as a number, but he claims to trust Christmas and Paul the most.
Now onto the Power Rankings. Here are where the Houseguests stand in the house this upcoming week with Paul as the Head of Household.
WEEK 3 POWER RANKINGS
1. ALEX – She’s the current HoH, so she’s safe this week. Alex did not want to rock the boat too much since she can’t compete in the next HoH competition. Dominique seems to be her target, but she’s made her dislike for Jessica clear. She’s made deals with the majority alliance to be safe next week, but it remains to be seen if they will keep their word to her.
2. JASON – He’s Alex’s closest ally, so he has nothing to worry about this week. He was pushing hard for two big targets to be on the block. He was in agreement with putting Dominique on the block, but he repeatedly argued against the idea of putting Jessica on the block. Jason was hoping to play the game with Cody and Jessica and get the other outsiders together, but Alex instead wants to integrate themselves into the majority. Jason is still a target for some people in the house (such as Christmas), but Alex will keep him safe this week.
3. KEVIN – Alex is determined to figure out who the three votes against Ramses were from. Everyone knows Jessica was one of them since she’d never vote out her closest ally Cody, but not everyone knows Christmas and Kevin were the other two. Kevin is still doing a solid job of playing both sides of the house, but some people like Ramses are suspicious of him. But Kevin is still on no one’s radar for eviction.
4. ELENA – Elena made a deal with Alex at the HoH competition for safety in exchange for allowing Alex to win HoH. Elena also asked for her closest allies to be safe too, which includes Matt and Raven. Alex agreed to honor this deal. In addition, Elena is playing a great social game and has shown to be a strong competitor at this past HoH competition. She’s in a good spot right now.
5. PAUL – Paul’s immunity expires next week, but he seems like he’ll be in a decent spot without it. Several Houseguests still trust him, and Paul is able to get information out of people that no one else knows (Kevin having the $25,000 and the fact that Christmas voted out Ramses). However, it shouldn’t be long until someone else finally takes a shot at Paul.
6. RAVEN – A lot of people are unwilling to target Raven due to her illness. However, there have already been talks of putting Matt and Raven on the block together sometime soon. But at least for this week, Raven will be fine.
7. MATT – Unless someone finally targets Matt and Raven, he’ll likely make it far in the game. He hasn’t made any enemies, but people like Jason and Josh want to see him gone. After Dominique was put on the block today, she and Mark both discussed putting Matt and Raven on the block next week if they get the chance. But since Alex is the current HoH, he’ll be fine this week too.
8. RAMSES – Alex doesn’t trust Ramses and sees him as expendable. However, she thinks it would be a waste of an HoH to take him out. And if enough people continue thinking this, then Ramses could still manage to make it far in the game despite having no solid alliances.
9. JOSH – Alex was furious with Josh when he voted to evict Jillian instead of Christmas. She claimed she wanted him out last week. But now that she’s the HoH, she thinks there are bigger fish to fry at the moment. Josh’s position in the game has improved since Week 1, but he doesn’t have any close allies either.
10. MARK – Mark is Dominique’s closest ally, and there is a chance he could be the replacement nominee if Dominique wins the Power of Veto. After Cody threw out Mark and Dominique’s names as people knowing his moves, people became wary about them. If he does end up on the block, he could still survive, but it’s not looking too good. Alex did tell Mark she won’t target him this week, but we’ll have to see if that’s really the case.
11. CHRISTMAS – There may be a chance Christmas could be in danger this week if the Power of Veto is used. Some people in her alliance have turned on her. Mark originally wanted her out before he changed his mind to keep her instead of Jillian. However, he now wants her gone again. Alex discussed the possibility of taking out Christmas this week, but instead decided to target Dominique instead. Christmas still isn’t in the clear though.
12. JESSICA – Alex does not like Jessica and wants her gone sooner rather than later. However, Alex claims Jessica is simply a pawn. Jessica is completely alone in the game now that Cody is gone, and there is a chance the votes may not be there to keep Jessica safe this week. Only Jason, Kevin, and Ramses are adamant about not voting her out this week. Josh, Paul, Christmas, Elena, Raven, and Matt are seemingly on board with voting out Dominique instead of Jessica, but they could change their minds by the time Thursday comes. And if Dominique wins the Veto, then Jessica could very well be evicted next. But if Jessica can survive this week’s vote, she may be able to make it far in the game is she stays under the radar. However, she’ll unlikely ever be in a good spot in the game.
13. DOMINIQUE – Dominique is the target this week. Alex has made it clear that she’s the target, and several of Dominique’s allies seem to be willing to cut her loose too. Dominique was playing a great game, but what hurt her were her talk show and Cody throwing out her name before he left the house. Her allies were bothered by Dominique asking game-related questions in her talk show. As well, Cody named Dominique and Mark as people who knew he was going to target Christmas. She seems to have lost people’s trust, but she may be able to gain the support of her allies again. She’s in the most vulnerable position at the moment, but she still has a fighting chance.
So those are my thoughts on the house dynamics this week. Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Steven Curtis (see all)
- Big Brother 19 – Week 4 Power Rankings - 07/22/2017
- Big Brother 19 Eviction Results Week 3 Recap and Live Blog - 07/20/2017
- Big Brother 19 – Week 3 Power Rankings - 07/14/2017