More auditions. Sigh. Tonight–back in New York and LA, for like 8, 345th time. Here are a few of the noteworthy acts.
Video and Re-cap after the JUMP…
- Fun With Hand Shadows – A guy makes shadow puppets of famous people. It’s pretty useless and random, but all the judges say yes anyway. – VIDEO
- X. L. – Twenty-five year old with a young child lays down some John Legend. He’s got a nice old-school soul style. I wonder if he’s ever tried out for American Idol? Hoff says he put across a beautiful vibe. Piers says he prefers his version over John Legend’s. – VIDEO
- Texas State Strutters – Yer typical precision-sports-dance team. YAWN. Hoff just stared at their boobs. Piers thought it was a little boring but fun. Sharon compares them to the Rockettes, but doesn’t see much of an act. Hoff and Piers say yes. Sharon says no. Typical. – VIDEO
- Ronny B – Singer/dancer Ronny is the most entertaining act so far. But not in a good way. At one point, Ronny starts humping the backdrop. Piers calls it “weirdly entertaining.” OMG Piers and Sharon put him through. Pretty perverse. – VIDEO
- Robert and Daryl – Skeery Deliverence-like father/son team play a trick with a Cobra called “Kiss of Death”. The son calls it “fun.” Piers doesn’t see the point of the act–unless it actually killed the snake-kissing father. – VIDEO
- Michael Harrison – This ventriloquist hopes to follow in the footsteps of last year’s winner Terry Fator. He’s got a semi-cute act that involves using a member of the audience as his “dummy.” The judges likey and send him on his way to Vegas. – VIDEO
- Queen Emily – Tonight’s sob story: 40-year old mom who’s struggled to raise her children in the projects *cue the violins as the tears flow* She sings “Chain of Fools” in a big gospely voice. She’s a great singer, but it’s hard to imagine her on the charts versus leading the local church choir. As the judges start lauding her with compliments, she begins crying. The music swells, the crowd gives her a standing O. Yada, yada yada… – VIDEO
Oh, hallelujah! The final auditions are next week! Thank Jeebus.