The Creative Arts Emmy’s were handed out tonight and American Idol won 3 technical awards, despite last season’s reputation for glitchy technical problems (including a couple of time overruns) Amazing! Nevertheless, congratulations to the folks at AI who won awards…
Tyce Diorio won for best choreographer for his “Adam and Eve/Silence” routine–congrats to Tyce. Check out some winners below. Check out the full list of winners HERE.
- Outstanding Art Direction For Variety, Music, or Non-fiction Programming – American Idol and 2008 MTV Music Video Awards
- Outstanding Lighting Direction for Variety, Music or Comedy Programming – American Idol
- Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For a Series – American Idol
- Outstanding Costumes for Variety or Music Program – So You Think You Can Dance
- Outstanding Choreography Tyce Diorio (Adam and Eve/Silence featuring Jessica and Will) – So You Think You Can Dance
- Outstanding Hairstyling Multi Camera Series or Special – Dancing with the Stars
- Short-format Live-Action Special Class – Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (featuring guest judge, Neil Patrick Harris)
The rest of the Emmys, including Outstanding Reality-Competition Show (Idol is nominated) will be handed out in primetime September 20th, 8/7c pm on CBS. Full list of Idol noms HERE.