The Idols are rehearsing for their upcoming Tour in Los Angeles right now. Chris Sligh’s blog reveals a bit about what will be on the tour:
- Chris says, “The show opener is something that has never been done on the idol tour. I can’t give details quite yet, but I’ll put it this way, we are getting it started in a really hip, cool way…literally nothing like it has ever been done on the tour.” And, “It’s crazy and stupid, but it gets the show started in a great, great way, and once again it is something never ever done on the AI tour, from what the tour producer says. So, that’s pretty cool. It’s one of the only group numbers that involves the whole group of 10.”
- The guys are doing a group number, and Chris says, “another thing that has never been done on tour before. ” There’s speculation that the guys will perform together as a band, since all of them play various instruments. I hope that’s true–it would be cool and something different.
- More from Chris, “The way the tour works this year is a little different than past years. More on that later, but the solo sets are being done in a different way than before.”
Melinda mentions in an interview, that she’ll duet with several contestants including Sanjaya Malakar and Blake Lewis.
Blake has mentioned in interviews that he’ll be playing guitar and his loop machine when he performs.
Tour sponsor Poptarts will be featuring webisodes from the road, hosted by Season 4’s Mikalah Gordon who says she’ll actually be along on tour with the rest of the gang.
- There will be a Cake duet (that would be Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson).
- Chris Sligh duets with Gina Glocksen
- Gina Glocksen duets with Phil Stacey.
Got a rumor? Post it here. Also, speculate away on what you think the Idols should, could, would sing on this years tour.