*A big giant THANK YOU to Carie who did the spoiling*
The overall show was really good nobody tanked. Smokey Robinson was an awesome mentor. Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta were the two best of the night. Allison was unbelievable–beautiful powerful. Yes, these are in the correct order…
- Matt Giraud – “Let’s Get it On” by – Marvin Gaye – was really good–he started at his piano, got up and worked the stage a little bit.
- Kris Allen – “How Sweet it Is” by – Marvin Gaye – had a great vocal–did a James Taylor/Rockabilly version of the son. He played guitar
- Scott MacIntyre – ”You Can’t Hurray Love” by – Supremes -was very “AC”
- Megan Joy Corkrey – “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder – toned downed the quirkiness, her voice was more jazzy than quirky–favorite Megan performance so far.
- Anoop Desai – “Ohh Baby Baby” by – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles – sounded fine, it didn’t test his range or singing ability
- Michael Sarver – “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” by – Temptations – used a very big voice–very masculine
- Lil Rounds – “Heatwave” by – Martha and the Vandellas – was her least favorite
- Adam Lambert – “Tracks of my Tears” by – Smokey and the Miracles – Adam sat on a stool acompanied by Rickey on guitar a bassist and a drummer. Beautiful and brave–it took balls to do what Adam did.
- Danny Gokey – “Get Ready” by – Temptations – Carie’s husband really liked him. Used his growly voice.
- Allison Iraheta – “Papa was a Rolling Stone” by – Temptations – Beautiful, powerful.