Got some stray post-finale news items for you here:
- That story I posted last night about 38 million votes coming out of Arkansas? Apparently, it was just a rumor, an AT&T spokesperson told FOX16 that “AT&T does not divulge or confirm how many votes were cast in any state.”
- That was fast. Both Kris Allen and Adam Lambert have their official websites up and running. Check out Kris’s HERE and Adam’s HERE.
- Kris Allen is going to Disneyworld!
- A little bit of rumor/gossip from the Survivor Sucks message board from a poster who attended a post finale party last night, “It had been confirmed that Kris, Adam, Gokey and Allison ALL have recording deals in the works that simply need to be signed.” Read more from poster Sheri HERE.
- Scott MacIntyre was set to duet with Billy Joel on Wednesday’s Idol finale until Joel dropped out at the last minute. There wasn’t time to arrange another duet. Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai who both finished higher were sadly duet free. No fair! Matt was bummed, but is getting over it, “I was down before about not singing much in the Finale but cool now.”
- Will Ferrell was supposed to be on the Idol Final, but the producers, perhaps put off by the super-snarky coronation song parody he planned to sing, pulled the plug. Sads.
- Gene Simmons of Kiss doesn’t think Adam Lambert is a rock god. Answering a question on his website, Simmons–KISS duetted with Adam on the finale–said, “Respectfully, I don’t think Adam is a rock singer. He sounds much more convincing singing ballads, and Broadway shows. His voice doesn’t seem to have a ‘rock quality.’ But, I’m sure he’s going to do just fine.”
- Simon Cowell seemed less than thrilled by Kris Allen’s Idol win, calling Kris a “little puppy dog” and “not the best singer” on Ryan Seacrest’s KISS LA radio show Thursday. Seacrest himself ranks Kris in “the middle” of all the Idol winners. Listen here. Ryan also interviewed Kris Allen HERE and Adam Lambert HERE.
- Clay Aiken—Bittercakes! (thanks cmheart)