Tonight’s finale lineup features performances from Steve Martin, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, David Cook, Jason Mraz and Keith Urban.
Idol duets will feature Allison Iraheta with Cyndi Lauper, Kris Allen with Keith Urban, Danny Gokey with Lionel Richie and Carlos Santana will perform with the Top 13.Ãƒâ€š Rumor has it, Adam Lambert will perform with a rock band that is “sweet…too perfect.” KISS maybe?
Santana’s “Smooth” and Pink’s “So What” will be heard on the Idol stage tonight.
David Cook is set to perform the heart-wrenching “Permanent” as a tribute to his late brother Adam.Ãƒâ€š The single will go on sale after the finale with proceeds funding David’s cancer charity.
This Just In:
- Ãƒâ€š Rod Stewart has been added to the finale lineup tonight
- Anoop Desai and Megan Joy are singing Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours” tonight. via twitter
- Tatiana Del Toro will appear on the finale, according to Paula Abdul. via top idol.
- Curt Smith of Tears for Fears was in the Idol audience last night–invited by Adam Lambert. Read Smith’s twitters. He calls “No Boundries” “God Awful” and says, “Fascinated by the Adam/Kris divide amongst friends and hating myself for it. It’s only a TV show designed to sell you things!!“
- Robert X. Sillerman, CEO of Idol parent company CKX anticipates signing both Adam Lambert and Kris Allen to record deals, but says, “I would not be surprised if…we signed more than two.”Ãƒâ€š USA Today
- Nigel Lythgoe is NOT a fan of “No Boundaries”: “I didn”t like the final song that both guys had to sing. In truth their first songs were their best “Mad World” and ‘Ain’t No Sunshine.'” and “There are going to be some great guests tonight and I think it’s a close competition. The only downside is hearing the winner’s song again.”Ãƒâ€š As a side note, he says next year, SYTYCD will be moving to the fall permanently…via twitter