Just a reminder: American Idol Extra premiers on the Fox Reality cable channel at 6:30 pm ET tonight, and is repeated at 10:30. It repeats many times throughout the week.
AI Extra interviews the Idol bootee–tonight that’s Brandon Rogers–moments after they are eliminated. Mikalah Gordon and Matthew Rogers are co-hosts and conduct behind-the-scenes interviews. Ex-Idols also drop by to be interviewed, or are featured in video clips.
Fox Reality was picked up by my cable company this year, so I’ll be able to watch it, which is very cool. If you didn’t previously have the channel in your cable line-up, it may have been added recently, as Fox Reality just cut deals with several of the big cable companies.
So…I’ll be back later to report anything interesting from the show.
Click on the jump to check out the highlights. The interview with eliminated contestant Brandon Rogers is especially worthwhile.
- In a short interview with Matt Rogers, Ryan Seacrest said that the worst singer did not go.
- Host JD Roberto did a backstage interview with Carrie Underwood. Carrie chatted with the Idols after the show. Fav Idol Performance: “Alone” by Heart.
- Also, he did a short interview with Lisa Tucker. She’s working on Nickelodeon’s “Zoey 101” and recording original music. She does not have a label yet. She’s turning 18 soon. She talked about her songwriting. Lisa sat at the piano and sang an original song.
- Simon Cowell told Matt Rogers that it’s better to be really really bad than forgettable–that’s why the worst singer did not leave Wednesday night.
JD interviewed Brandon Rogers:
- At the moment Brandon forgot his words on stage, he says he knew he was going home.
- Brandon was prepared to go home Wednesday night.
- He says there is no infighting or backstabbing on the show. Everyone was nice, and genuinely enjoyed hanging out together.
- Brandon admits to being the worst song selector in the history of American Idol. He believes he’s going home because he never picked the right songs to showcase his voice. He picked songs that HE liked, and he realizes now that wasn’t a good strategy.
- He would love to cover “A Song For You” by Donny Hathaway.
- When Ryan told him that he was going home, he thought, “I want a [alcoholic beverage] with a squeeze of lime.”
- Brandon says he was not nervous while performing Tuesday night, but was thrown off by the crowd response–he lost his focus.
- He says that no one should feel sorry for him–it was a great ride.
- The most emotional moment for Brandon Wednesday night was Blake Lewis crying after his elimination.
- Brandon cried every week when somebody left.
- Brandon thought he earned the judges criticisms.
- He will continue to write and make music.
- The show ended with Brandon’s sing-out, which was cut out of Wednesday’s show. He remembered his words…
Brandon Rogers is a very cool guy. That is all.