On the 19th anniversary of the premiere of American Idol the show announces the return of its virtual “Idol Across America” auditions. This year’s live virtual nationwide search kicks off on Aug. 6.
American Idol premiered on FOX on June 11, 2002. It ran 15 seasons. After a year off in 2017, ABC picked up the baton in 2018. The coming season will be the 20th overall and the 5th on ABC.
The auditions will take place in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., and for the second year in a row, singers from all over the country can sign up to take their shot during virtual auditions that could determine the winner of the upcoming season 20, which kicks off in spring 2022 on ABC.
Both season 19 champ Chayce Beckham and top 10 finisher Casey Bishop auditioned during last year’s “Idol Across America” virtual auditions.
The virtual auditions will allow Idol hopefuls to audition from the comfort of the bedrooms, living rooms rec-rooms, GRANDMA’S HOUSE, etc. on any of the official audition dates. The audition will be face-to-face with an Idol producer, who will give real-time feedback.
Would-be contestants can sign up for “Idol Across America” auditions HERE, or submit a video online. Check out the dates for the “Idol Across America” auditions below.
“Idol Across America” auditions dates (subject to change)
- Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina (Aug. 6)
- Connecticut, New Jersey, New York (Aug. 8)
- Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas (Aug. 11)
- Florida, Michigan, Virginia, West Virginia (Aug. 13)
- Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi (Aug. 16)
- Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee (Aug. 18)
- Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada (Aug. 21)
- Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming (Aug. 23)
- Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin (Aug. 25)
- Open Call: Nationwide (Aug. 27)
- Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah (Aug. 31)
- Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont (Sept. 2)
- Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. (Sept. 8)