This week, Usher mentors the Top 10 kids, who will sing from this list of R&B/Soul songs. Maybe a tighter list of songs will help the kids choose better songs than they did last week. This week’s theme should go well for Crystal, Siobhan, Big Mike, Lee and probably Casey.
The rest? Erm. I made my song picks. What do you think the Idols should sing this week?
My picks after the jump…
- Crystal Bowersox – “Bring it On Home To Me” by Sam Cooke. Here, Crystal could put down her guitar and really show off her pipes.
- Siobhan Magnus – “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green – Nowhere to stick a scream in this song! Ha. Really, I think Siobhan has the goods to pull this off.
- Lee Dewyze – “Hold On, I’m Coming” by Sam and Dave – There are several songs that could work for Lee’s soulful vibe, but this song is a personal fav. I’d love to hear him sing it.
- Casey James – “Georgia” by Ray Charles – Soul with a country twist.
- Didi Benami – “Umbrella” – Acoustic version, with just her guitar. Yeah, it’s been done like that before, but Didi could put her own twist on it.
- Michael Lynche – “Mad” by Ne-Yo – I’m ready to hear Michael go contemporary again.
- Andrew Garcia – “No One” by Alicia Keys – Just his guitar, no band. Maybe lightning will strike twice, but I kinda doubt it.
- Katie Stevens – “Have You Ever” by Brandy – This seems to be about Katie’s speed.
- Aaron Kelly – “Stand By Me” Ben E. King – Because I think Aaron needs even more comparisons to David Archuleta. Heh.
- Tim Urban – Some Boyz II Men deal. I got nothin’