The American Idol 15 semifinals begin! For ALL THE DETAILS on how the 3 week round will work CLICK THIS LINK. This week, the first set of 12 Top 24 contestants will sing for the judges, during the Wednesday (Feb 10) 1 hour broadcast. On Thursday (Feb 11) the singers will perform DUETS with SIX returning “fan favorite” American Idol alums, before the JUDGES choose SEVEN contestants to move on to the Top 24. Lather, rinse, repeat next week.
Now, we know the full list of contestant/alum pairings, thanks to PHOTOS courtesy of FOX television. HOORAY. See your American Idol season 15 contestants as they join forces with contestants from previous seasons.
NOTE: This week’s shows were taped last week. Click this link for detailed spoilers but NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE. Next week’s shows, featuring the second set of Top 12 contestants and 6 more alums will film TOMORROW NIGHT (Feb 11). Watch for spoilers.
Pairings: (NOW WITH PERFORMANCE ORDER via @IdolSpoilers)
- Emily Brooke with Lauren Alaina
- Thomas Stringfellow with Nick Fradiani
- Stephany Negrete with Ruben Studdard
- Sonika Vaid with Caleb Johnson
- Jenna Renae with Scotty McCreery
- La’Porsha Renae with Fantasia
- MacKenzie Bourg with Lauren Alaina
- Gianna Isabella with Nick Fradiani
- Avalon Young with Ruben Studdard
- James VIII with Caleb Johnson
- Jeneve Rose Mitchell with Scotty McCreery
- Jordan Sasser with Fantasia