I heard from Idol Maniac at The Idol Pad, and he shared some details about what we might expect from the Top 13 Wildcard Round. Click to be spoiled!
If you love spoilers, you might want to follow @IdolSpoilers if you don’t already.
- The Idol Pad is almost certain Jermaine Jones will be the 13th boy.
- Contestants genuinely did not know about the twist, and still don’t. TPTB are keeping it very secret.
- The 4 second chance guys genuinely didn’t/don’t know either, except possibly #13 himself.
- There is also a possibility there will be a 13th girl, which they will also reveal on Tuesday with the boys.
- If there is a 13th girl, it’s probably Colton’s sister, Schyler Dixon.
- The new configuration has never been referred to as a “Top 25” which leaves the door open for more surprises.
If Jermaine Jones is indeed the wildcard, then this whole twist was 100% about the buzz and not at all about giving a worthy contestant a second chance. David Leathers Jr. and Johnny Keyser are both contestants who can be views as having been robbed. Jermaine isn’t very good. And the 4th–Richie Law–continues to be used for the lulz factor.