I’m not sure my power list is in the exact right order this week. I’d like to think Elise is higher on the list after a great performance and judges’ praise. But, if she couldn’t pull them in last week, I can’t imagine much has changed. And maybe I would flip around Heejun and Joshua? But Josh may have goodwill to spare from his fabulous performance last week.
I’m pretty confident in my 1st 3 picks, however. And I think Erika will at least hit the bottom 3, unfortunately.
1. Phillip Phillips – Phillip and his brave stance AGAINST THE MAN comes in 1st. But I think his inability to change it up much (Yes, he changes songs, but nearly always in the same way) may cost him later down the line.
2. Colton Dixon – Colton had his “moment” last night with “Piano Man” and the pimp spot. He rises on this week’s list. He’s a bit of a dark horse. Good looking and appealing to a middle american demographic, he could win this thing.
3. Jessica Sanchez – Jessica came back strong from last week’s stumble. She doesn’t beat the boys this week, however. If she can remain consistent and can show versatility, she could win this thing.
4. Skylar Laine – I haven’t liked her performances the last two weeks, but the judges continue to praise her. She’s the only country artist we’ve got and a spunky little thing. I suspect she’s getting votes.
5. Deandre Brackensick – He could be doing so much better with song choice, but as it is, his cute charisma is bringing in the votes.
6. Hollie Cavanagh – She drops down the list after a pitchy performance. But if she redeems herself next week, she could climb back up the list. She’s got to shake it up soon.
7. Joshua Ledet – Last night’s performance sends Joshua down the list. I love Josh, but he can’t rely on a gospel choir to prop him up every week.
8. Heejun Han – His out of the box crazy antics likely had Idol fans reaching for their phones last night. Heejun’s personality is so loveable, but his sub-par vocal ability will eventually catch up with him. But not this week.
9. Elise Testone – I hate to put her near the bottom but…after a fantastic performance last week, she nearly went home. I don’t see that changing this week.
10. Erika Van Pelt – Even with the big makeover, I just don’t see her breaking through.
If Elise, Joshua or Erika are eliminated tonight, I hope the judges save them.