- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
More deets on the release of Scotty McCreery’s debut album and his upcoming music video. The music video will debut on both CMT and GAC. A documentary style special detailing Scotty’s post-Idol journey will debut on GAC in the fall. You can pr-order Scotty’s CD at his website HERE.
Folks who have pre-ordered Scotty’s album tell me it’s set to ship on Oct. 4. (Lauren’s will ship on Oct 11) Read the press release below.
It’s interesting to note that Scotty and Lauren’s initial roll out is almost identical. You can read Lauren’s release HERE.
CMT will air Scotty’s new video as part of an extended 15-minute special that includes exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from his video shoot.
CMT Premieres: Scotty McCreery I Love You This Big will debut on Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 10:30 a.m. ET/PT on CMT and CMT Pure.
GAC will air the video on Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 6:24 a.m. ET, 8:30 a.m. ET, 10:30 a.m. ET, 2:30 p.m. ET, 8:30 p.m. ET, and 11:54 p.m. ET. GAC cameras have been following Scotty since June in preparation for a new GAC special, Introducing: Scotty McCreery, which is set to premiere this fall.
As a way of saying thank you to the fans for helping him win Season Ten of American Idol, Scotty wants them to be the first to receive the exclusive details of his much-anticipated album release. To receive the breaking news about his debut country album, fans should register at his official Web site.
“For this first album, we are definitely going to let the fans know first about all of the details coming out,” he says. “We want them to know just what’s happening with the album and when it’s coming out because they’re the ones who are going to buy the music and they’re the ones who have been following me through this Idol journey.”
“I’m really excited to let people hear what we’ve been working on and putting so much effort and energy and time into. It’s something that I’m really proud of. I can’t wait for them to hear it! Hopefully they’ll feel what I was feeling in the studio.”
Starting today, Scotty’s site is offering an exclusive album pre-order package that includes Scotty’s full-length debut album, an 8×10 photo, a personalized poster and an instant download of his single “I Love You This Big,” as well as a chance to enter a sweepstakes for an ultimate CMA Awards experience that includes a meet-and-greet with Scotty.
He recently shot his first country music video with director Shane Drake while in Los Angeles for rehearsals of the American Idols Live tour. “He was the guy who shot all of our music videos for the Ford commercials for American Idol,” Scotty says. “It was great because I already knew him and we had a good relationship.”
The video was shot in an area called Angels Point. “The location for the shoot was really cool,” he says. “If you looked one way, you could see Dodger Stadium, and if you looked another way, you could see downtown L.A.”
“We found this park that had a little country feel to it and it all worked out,” he says. “If I hadn’t told you that, you would think we would have shot that in North Carolina. The music video has a summertime barbecue feel, like a July Fourth party with fireworks and hot dogs and families.”
After the shoot ended, Scotty spent time with all of the video’s cast members of all ages. “They were there the whole day and helped me out in the video,” he says. “They’re going to be in my first video, so I thought it was important to thank them for being there.”
In May, the Garner. N.C. native won Season Ten of American Idol, becoming the youngest male winner in the show’s nine-year history. A record-breaking 122.4 million votes were cast for Scotty and runner-up Lauren Alaina. The final show garnered 29.3 million viewers and 38.6 million people tuned in to see the winner’s name announced.
A week later, he made country music history when his debut single, “I Love You This Big,” earned the highest debut for a new artist’s first single on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart since at least 1984. The song, which hit the Top 20 in seven weeks, is one of the fastest-rising debut singles for a new country artist in history.
He is currently featured on the American Idols Live! Tour that runs through September. He will also perform on ABC’s Good Morning America on Aug. 12.
- Powered by Disqus
- Dexter Roberts Reveals Why He Left American Idol Live
- The Country Radio Climb: How Are Major Labels Serving New Acts, Male & Female?
- Jessica Sanchez – Killing Me Softly – Great American Songbook HOF (VIDEO)
- Christina Grimmie Unveils “Must Be Love” Official Lyric Video
- AGT and Big Brother Ratings Fall, SYTYCD Stays Steady
- Idol Headlines for 7/31/14
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 07/31/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/31/14 – Fifth Harmony, Scotty McCreery
- American Idol 14 Auditions Attract Hundreds in Nashville
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Results Live Blog
- Big Brother 16 Episode 16 – Recap and Discussion
- SYTYCD 11- Top 14 Perform, 4 Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Boston Man Arrested for Alleged Rape During Keith Urban Concert
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Kirstie Alley Fallout, Says DWTS is Running Out of Talent
- Justin Bieber and Orlando Bloom Reportedly Scuffle in an Ibiza Club
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week One Predictions
- Haley Reinhart Debuts “Show Me Your Moves” Music Video
- Idol Headlines for 7/30/14
- NBC Casts Girls Star Allison Williams as Peter Pan
- SYTYCD11- Top 14 Power List
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/27/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/30/14 – Scotty McCreery, Fifth Harmony
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Recap – VIDEOS
- Danielle Bradbery Covers A Great Big World’s “Say Something” – VIDEO
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett – Anything Goes – VIDEO