- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Almost one year ago, it was announced that Blake Lewis, the American Idol season 6 beatboxer, had signed with major label Republic Records.
His 3rd studio album, Portrait of a Chameleon, was due out in spring 2013. I’m not sure what happened. Maybe the single, “Your Touch” (which was used as in a Microsoft commercial) didn’t take off they way they expected and dropped him?
In any case, Blake continued to work on the project, and is planning to release it in April on his independent label, Audio Day Dream Records.
But Blake needs your help! He’s financing the record via the crowdfunding website, Pledge Music (just as his pal, Didi Benami did recently–and quickly met her goal).
If you want to pledge (I did!) surf over to Blake’s page, at this link. There’s also an introductory video posted on the age.
Blake’s message to fans:
Hello my friends,
Before anything else, I want to thank all of you — not just for being incredible fans, but for all of the support over the years. You are the reason I’ve been able to live out my dreams, so I wouldn’t have it any other way than to invite you along for the ride…
I just finished mixing and mastering my third album Portrait of a Chameleon. It’s eleven songs of pure magic. I’ve been working on this album for over a year and I couldn’t be any happier with how it sounds. From the very beginning I’ve been working on this project with no outside collaboration (labels) and being influenced only by the music that has inspired me since I started performing. This is my first independent album and my finest piece of work to date. It will be released on my own record label Audio Day Dream Records and I can’t wait for you to hear it this April!!!
Here’s where you guys get to come in to the process with me — working with PledgeMusic, I get the chance to involve you in releasing my album. It means I get to offer you all sorts of crazy goodies, and loads of interesting and unusual items when you pledge, by pre-ordering my album. I’ve been pledging for other artists and their PledgeMusic campaigns and I’ve loved it – especially getting to have an inside look into their worlds, which is a big part of the package.
When you pre-order my album you’ll get both a download of the record and a backstage look into my creative process.
When you pledge you automatically get access to free extras like studio footage, rough mixes, photos, crazy beatbox videos and more (and more!) to come. I’m doing this because you guys have made me what I am today and I want to be able to involve you in a much deeper way than I have ever before.
Plus, for me, it’s really fun ;)
One last note — part of your pledge will also be helping out some amazing kids at The Seattle Children’s Hospital. I’ve been singing for kids there since I started my career in 2000 and they can always use some extra joy, love and help, so please do what you can.
Come take a journey with me…
Love, Peace and Beats!
Blake was one of the first of the Idol contestants to re-arrange covers in the competition into something new and exciting. Who could forget his completely re-worked version of Bon Jovi’s “You Give Love a Bad Name” ito something new and exciting? It was so unusual, it gave Jon Bon Jovi himself a little pause…at first.
A creative guy with an electronic sound that happens to be hot right now, could Blake break through, at least into the club scene, with a new record?
Tagged with: Blake Lewis
- Powered by Disqus
- Christina Grimmie Unveils “Must Be Love” Official Lyric Video
- AGT and Big Brother Ratings Fall, SYTYCD Stays Steady
- Idol Headlines for 7/31/14
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 07/31/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/31/14 – Fifth Harmony, Scotty McCreery
- American Idol 14 Auditions Attract Hundreds in Nashville
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Results Live Blog
- Big Brother 16 Episode 16 – Recap and Discussion
- SYTYCD 11- Top 14 Perform, 4 Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Boston Man Arrested for Alleged Rape During Keith Urban Concert
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Kirstie Alley Fallout, Says DWTS is Running Out of Talent
- Justin Bieber and Orlando Bloom Reportedly Scuffle in an Ibiza Club
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week One Predictions
- Haley Reinhart Debuts “Show Me Your Moves” Music Video
- Idol Headlines for 7/30/14
- NBC Casts Girls Star Allison Williams as Peter Pan
- SYTYCD11- Top 14 Power List
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/27/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/30/14 – Scotty McCreery, Fifth Harmony
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Recap – VIDEOS
- Danielle Bradbery Covers A Great Big World’s “Say Something” – VIDEO
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett – Anything Goes – VIDEO
- American Idol Alum Elise Testone – Help Me – Music Video
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Leaving DWTS (Again)
- Caleb Johnson and Alex Preston – Too Close Acoustic Cover (VIDEO)