- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Here’s the press release announcing the American Idol 12 Top 10 finalists. Also: The theme next week will be “Music of the American Idols.” The finalists can pick a song sung by a winner on the show, or in a winner’s post Idol career.
Plus, the Idol’s first group number will be Owl City’s “Shine Your Way,” from the soundtrack of the upcoming Animation comedy, “The Croods.” Synergy! Plus, Bon Jovi and Phillip Phillips will perform on Thursday’s results show.
Read the press release below:
“AMERICAN IDOL” TOP 10 FINALISTS REVEALED TOP 10 PERFORM “MUSIC OF THE AMERICAN IDOLS” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13
Bon Jovi and AMERICAN IDOL Winner Phillip Phillips to Perform On Results Show Thursday, March 14, on FOX
AT&T Allows Audience to Pick 11th Idol to Join “American Idol Live!” Tour this Summer
Tonight in the first LIVE results show of the season from Los Angeles, AMERICAN IDOL revealed the Top 10 finalists, including Lazaro Arbos, Janelle Arthur, Curtis Finch, Jr., Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Amber Holcomb, Paul Jolley, Angie Miller, Burnell Taylor and Devin Velez.
In addition, host Ryan Seacrest announced an exciting new opportunity for fans to choose an 11th Idol to go on the “American Idol Live!” tour this summer, brought to you by AT&T. Next week, AMERICAN IDOL will hold a sing-off between the sixth-place runner-up girl and guy for that coveted spot. This season, AT&T is giving the audience brand-new ways to be involved with the show.
Next week, Wednesday, March 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 10 finalists will perform “Music of the AMERICAN IDOLs,” which includes songs performed by any past IDOL winner.
Tune in the following night, Thursday, March 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), as America finds out who received enough votes to continue in the competition and who will be sent home. In addition, world-renowned rock group Bon Jovi will perform their lead single “Because We Can” and quadruple-platinum, Billboard chart-topper and AMERICAN IDOL winner Phillip Phillips will perform “Gone, Gone, Gone,” the second single from his debut album. “Gone, Gone, Gone” also will serve as the “goodbye” song of the season and will be featured when the IDOL finalists are eliminated each week.
The finalists will also perform their first group number, “Shine Your Way,” from the motion picture soundtrack for the upcoming DreamWorks Animation comedy, “The Croods.” The original track is performed by multi-platinum recording artist Owl City and artist Yuna.
Below are the Top 10 finalists on AMERICAN IDOL who will be vying for America’s vote(s) after their LIVE performances on Wednesday, March 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed):
At the end of each performance show, fans will be able to cast their votes for their favorite contestants. Viewers will be able to SuperVote – cast multiple votes at one time – via any of these AT&T AMERICAN IDOL VOTE destinations: americanidol.com, the AMERICAN IDOL mobile app (data and message rates may apply) and Facebook. To SuperVote, fans can allocate any number of votes for one contestant or multiple contestants, for a total of 50 votes (across all online voting destinations), and in a unique interactive experience, they can adjust their vote selections as performances happen during the show. When the voting window officially opens, fans can submit their final votes – all at once. [Only fans with a registered Facebook account in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will be able to cast their vote(s) online.]
In addition to online voting, fans will continue to be able to vote during the voting window via toll-free phone lines, as well as text-messaging for AT&T wireless customers (standard text-messaging rates may apply). At the end of each performance show, the phone lines will open for at least two hours and AMERICAN IDOL viewers will be able to vote for their favorite contestant(s) via the toll-free telephone numbers (1-866-IDOLS-01, -02, etc.). AT&T wireless customers can use their cell phones to vote by texting the word “VOTE” to the four-digit short code (5701, 5702, etc.) that corresponds with the contestant of their choice. AMERICAN IDOL voting is managed by Telescope, Inc.
“Like” AMERICAN IDOL on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol. Follow the series on Twitter @AmericanIdol and join the discussion at #idol. Also, follow host Ryan Seacrest at @RyanSeacrest, and follow the judges: @MariahCarey; @yo_randyjackson; @nickiminaj; and @keithurban. Download the AMERICAN IDOL app for iOS devices from the App StoreSM; and for Android devices at Google PlayTM Store.** Data rates may apply for app download and usage.
AMERICAN IDOL is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of Core Media Group, and FremantleMedia North America. The series is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, CEO, XIX Entertainment. Cecile Frot-Coutaz, FremantleMedia, Trish Kinane, FremantleMedia North America; Ken Warwick, FremantleMedia North America; and Nigel Lythgoe, CEO, Nigel Lythgoe Productions also serve as executive producers.
- Powered by Disqus
- Concert Schedule – 7/24/14 – Phillip Phillips, Bo Bice
- Grandfather of Ariana Grande Died – Frankie Learns of his Death, Will Stay in the Competition (DETAILS)
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Perform, Two Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Big Brother 16 Episode 13 – Recap and Discussion
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Judgement Week Part 2 – Live Blog and Top 48 Revealed!
- Janelle Arthur Set to Release Single “What You Asked For” (Cover Art)
- X Factor Alum Bea Miller Performs for Yahoo Music (VIDEO)
- The Voice 7: Alicia Keys Set as Adviser for Team Pharrell
- Constantine Maroulis Returns to Broadway’s Rock of Ages
- Idol Headlines for 7/23/14
- iHeartRadio Music Festival 2014 Lineup Announced
- Glee Star Naya Rivera Marries Ryan Dorsey (UPDATED)
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/20/14
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Power List (and Polls!)
- Concert Schedule – 7/23/14 – Daughtry, Cassadee Pope
- America’s Got Talent 9, Judgement Week Part 1 – Live Blog and Discussion
- Americas Got Talent 9 – Top 10 Best Auditions (And More) (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 7/22/14
- One Direction’s “Where We Are” The Concert Film is Coming to a Cinema Near You
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : July 14-20
- Concert Schedule – 7/22/14 – Adam Lambert, Daughtry
- The Bachelorette – Season 10, Episode 10 – Live Blog & Discussion
- Fifth Harmony Debut New Song “We Know” (VIDEO)
- Big Brother 16 Live Feeds Spoilers (Week 4 Power of Veto)
- Chris Colfer Chats Grimm Warnings and Noel Coward (Hear his Accent!) (VIDEO)