- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
I’m kinda-sorta live blogging the Emmy’s tonight, I’m posting the winners, plus adding some of my random thoughts. Videos and a full list of Emmy winners are after the jump.
The five hosts, Heidi Klum, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel, Jeff Probst and Ryan Seacrest take the stage after OPRAH! introduces them. So the shtick is that everyone is talking over each other, supposedly without a script.Ãƒâ€š You know, because they don’t use writers or scripts on reality shows. HA. That opening bit was lame.
The Amazing Race shuts out American Idol once again for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program.Ãƒâ€š The Amazing Race again? Yawn. Best moment: Presenter Don Rickles totally ignores the teleprompter and goes off script. Don Rickles–still funny.
Jeff Probst for Survivor wins Host for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program. I suppose the Emmy voters figure Jeff Probst’s job is harder than the others, because he’s out in the middle of nowhere starving or whatever.Ãƒâ€š But not really.Ãƒâ€š Better luck next year, Ryan!
The Reality show nominees as Emmy hosts, Heidi Klum, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel, Jeff Probst and Ryan Seacrest, didn’t really have much to do. Their hosting work tonight didn’t add much, wasn’t funny, and not nearly as challenging as their day jobs.
The Miniseries, John Adams, cleaned up tonight, winning 5 Emmys–Outstanding Miniseries, Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie, Outstanding Lead Actor and Outstanding Supporting Actor.
Tina Fey’s 30 Rock won 4 Emmys, including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Lead Actor.
The winners and some random video! After the Jump…
Random Winners (Here are the nominees. Play along!):
- Jeremy Pivin – Entourage – Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Jean Smart – Samantha Who – Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
- Zeljko Ivanek – Damages – Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Louis J. Horvitz – 80th Annual Academy Awards – Outstanding Directing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program
- Dianne WiestÃƒâ€š - In Treatment - Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
- The Colbert Report – Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program (Letterman video with Dr. Phil was hilarious. The Colbert Report deserved its fist win.)
- Tommy Smothers receives a special Emmy for the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.Ãƒâ€š Steve Martin, who a writer for the show, presents.
- Josh Groban performs a medley of TV show themes.Ãƒâ€š Groban singing the South Park theme? Alrighty then!
- Laura Linney – John Adams – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart – Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Program (the Laugh in bit was, uhm, random.Ãƒâ€š Who under 40 even remembers this show? It did influence TV that came after it, however. Lorne Michaels got his start on Laugh-In)
- Barry Sonnenfeld – Pushing Daisies – “Pie-lette” – Outstanding Director in a Comedy Series
- Tina Fey – 30 Rock – “Cooter” – Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series
- Recount – Outstanding Made for Television Movie
- Tom Wilkinson – John Adams – Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
- Jay Roach – Recount – Oustanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special (Suzanna Hoffs of the Bangles is his rock and roll sweetheart!)
- Kirk Ellis – John Adams – Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special – (Whoa, dude got cut off, right in the middle of his speech!)
- Dame Eileen Atkins – Cranford – Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
- The Amazing Race AGAIN! – Outstanding Reality-Competition Program – Don Rickles went totally off script, Heh.
- John Adams – Outstanding Miniseries – Producer, Tom Hanks accepted the award.
- Don Rickles – Mr Warmth: The Don Rickles Project – Individual Performance in a Variety, Music or Comedy Program.
- Greg Yaitanes – House – Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
- Matthew Wiener – Mad Men – “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes” – Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
- Paul Giamatti – John Adams – Outstanding Lead Actor in Miniseries or Movie – John Adams is cleaning up…whoa.
- Alec Baldwin – 30 Rock – Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Glenn Close – Damages – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
- Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad – Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series -Keifer says time is running short. No more canned comedy! First Emmy for Cranston, even after all those years in Malcolm in the Middle…
- Tina Fey – 30 Rock – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
- Jeff Probst – Outstanding Host for Reality-Competition Program…will be revealed after the break.Ãƒâ€š No seriously, for real.Ãƒâ€š We have to wait until after the commercial! Clever.’
- 30 Rock – Best Comedy Series
- Mad Men – Outstanding Drama Series
Ricky Gevais wants his Emmy back from Steve Carell:
Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program:
Steve Martin Presents a Special Emmy to Tommy Smothers:
Josh Groban sings a Medley of TV Themes:
Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin present Outstanding Reality-Competition Program Emmy to Amazing Race:
Jimmy Kimmel presents Outstanding Host for Reality-Competition Program to Jeff Probst of Survivor
- Powered by Disqus
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced
- X Factor UK: Judges Confirmed, Double Auditions
- First Wave of Teen Choice Nominations Announced
- Tuesday Ratings: DWTS Finale Lowest in History, The Voice Hits Tuesday Season Low
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13
- FOX Considering Filling American Idol 13 Judges Panel With Alums (REPORT) (UPDATED)
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free – Live! With Kelly and Michael – VIDEO
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 05/19/13 (UPDATED)
- Kellie Pickler Wins Dancing With the Stars! (VIDEO and Tweet Roundup)
- Angie Miller Signs a Publishing Deal
- Allison Iraheta is Married (Reportedly) (VIDEO)
- Jessica Sanchez Performs “Feel This Moment” – Dancing With the Stars (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales