The Voice Playoffs begin tonight (Nov 13) on NBC with Team Blake Shelton and Team Jennifer Hudson kicking off the round. Team Miley Cyrus is set for Tuesday Nov 14 and Team Adam Levine on a special Wednesday Nov 15 edition, airing at 9 pm.
After the Top 20 were revealed on last Tuesday’s show, we posted a few polls. Since then, The Voice announced four comeback artists chosen by their respective coaches and are not included. Would the addition of Natalie Stovall (Team Blake) Whitney Fenimore (Team Adam) Karli Webster (Team Miley) or Lucas Holliday (Team JHud) changed the Top 5? Or even the Top 10? Bring backs tend to be cannon fodder.
Your Top 5 looks very similar to mine. Here’s how I’d rank them:
- Chloe Kohanski – Her Blind Audition, “The Chain” was solid and her Battle was montaged. When she took the stage with a mind-blowing performance of “Landslide” it was like she came out of nowhere. Giving her the #1 spot may be premature, but I’m doing it anyway. I think she’s that good.
- Noah Mac – Noah’s presence is so compelling, his vocals so arresting, it’s easy to overlook that the 17 year old is still a little raw around the edges. That might be part of his charm.
- Keisha Renee – This woman’s vocals are effortless. And that she’s leaning into country at this point in her career makes her one of a kind in this competition.
- Brooke Simpson – Brooke’s incredible range and emotional vocals are going to propel her far into the competition.
- Addison Agen – Sixteen year old addison’s amber tone is like warm honey. She’s a natural, and rounds out my top 5.
You voted one male singer into the Top 5 (ironically, he could take it all) and only three into the Top 10 (men rounding out the list at 9 and 1o). Season 13 is marked by a strong, strong field of talented female singers. It would be a shame if one of them didn’t win the competition…
After the six members of each team perform, the coaches will choose three to compete in next week’s LIVE final. At that time, viewers will FINALLY have a say in who stays and who goes. It’s the first time the Playoffs have been taped since season 6 back in 2014. And as always, we already know which singers advanced to the Top 12 (Keep spoiler talk in the proper post!)
The Voice Season 13 – Favorite Top 20 Contestant
- Noah Mac – Team Jennifer Hudson 21.69%
- Chloe Kohanski – Team Blake Shelton 17.12%
- Brooke Simpson – Team Miley Cyrus 11.69%
- Addison Agen – Team Adam Levine 11.36%
- Keisha Renee – Team Blake Shelton 4.75%
- Emily Luther – Team Adam Levine 4.07%
- Janice Freeman – Team Miley Cyrus 4.07%
- Moriah Formica – Team Miley Cyrus 3.39%
- Davon Fleming – Team Jennifer Hudson 3.05%
- Jon Mero – Team Adam Levine 2.88%
- Chris Weaver – Team Jennifer Hudson 2.37%
- Hannah Mrozak – Team Jennifer Hudson 2.37%
- Adam Cunningham – Team Adam Levine 2.03%
- Mitchell Lee – Team Blake Shelton 2.03%
- Ashland Craft – Team Miley Cyrus 1.86%
- Anthony Alexander – Team Adam Levine 1.69%
- Red Marlow – Team Blake Shelton 1.53%
- ShiAnn Jones – Team Jennifer Hudson 1.19%
- Esera Tuaolo – Team Blake Shelton 0.51%
- Adam Pearce – Team Miley Cyrus 0.34%
The votes are pretty evenly spread among all the teams. Blake falls behind both Jennifer and Miley here, while two of his contestants landed in the Top 5 of the Top 20 poll… Each team has at least ONE very strong contender. At this point, any of the teams could actually take it.
The Voice Season 13 – Favorite Team (Post Knockouts)
- Team Jennifer Hudson 34.58%
- Team Miley Cyrus 33.92%
- Team Blake Shelton 19.38%
- Team Adam Levine 12.11%
The Voice Season 13 Top 20 Portraits