The Voice 9 Finale Predictions, iTunes Charts, Poll Results
Join us here at 9 pm ET as we live blog The Voice final results.
Let’s check out the iTunes rankings at the close of the voting period (12 pm ET), your poll results and predictions ahead of tonight’s results.
iTunes Rankings as of 12:00 pm.
Once again, 8 The Voice performances nab spots in the iTunes Top 10. On the night of Adele’s triumphant NBC concert special, the singer’s “Hello” was crowded out of the Top spot by THREE performances. “Hello” sits at #4 presently. Cole Swindell’s “You Should Be Here” hangs on at #8. Justin Bieber is going to have to cool his heels outside of the Top 10 for a bit. Eleven of the 12 performances landed in the Top 20, with one narrowly making the cut. The original versions of “Burning House,” and “Die a Happy Man” received a lift. Pretty impressive stats.
Jordan Smith is the ONLY The Voice competitor to chart prior performances in the Top 50. His “Somebody to Love” from last week is BACK in the Top 10. No, it will not be multiplied, but those downloads count for votes, as do his other live show performances, “Hallelujah,” “Great is Thy Faithfulness,” “Who Are You,” and “Halo.” Jordan has FOUR songs in the Top 10 alone. He’s smashing iTunes.
1. Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Mary Did You Know
2. Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – Burning House
3. Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Climb Every Mountain
5. Jordan Smith & Adam Levine – God Only Knows
6. Emily Ann Roberts & Blake Shelton – Islands in the Stream
7. Barrett Baber – Die a Happy Man
9. Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Stay
13. Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – Blue Christmas
15. Jeffery Austin & Gwen Stefani – Leather and Lace
18. Barrett Baber & Blake Shelton – Rhinestone Cowboy
20. Barrett Baber – Team Blake – Silent Night
21. Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – O Holy Night
More Jordan Smith
10. Somebody to Love
34. Great is Thy Faithfulness
50. Set Fire to the Rain
76. Who You Are
Emily Ann Roberts, Jordan Smith and Jeffery Austin performances dominate the Favorite Performances chart
- Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – Burning House 32.53%
- Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Mary Did You Know 28.32%
- Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Stay 27.42%
- Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Climb Every Mountain 5.1%
- Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – O Holy Night 2.42%
- Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – Blue Christmas 2.17%
- Barrett Baber – Team Blake – Die a Happy Man 1.66%
- Barrett Baber – Team Blake – Silent Night 0.38%
The same goes for Favorite duet.
- Emily Ann Roberts & Blake Shelton – Islands in the Stream 36.87%
- Jordan Smith & Adam Levine – God Only Knows 32.57%
- Jeffery Austin & Gwen Stefani – Leather & Lace 26.27%
- Barrett Baber & Blake Shelton – Rhinestone Cowboy 4.29%
Favorite contestant is a dead heat between Emily, Jeffery and Jordan! I suspect the real world results aren’t so evenly divided. With Jordan’s thorough iTunes dominance, I can’t help but believe he’s running away with this thing.
- Emily Ann Roberts 32.97%
- Jeffery Austin 32.84%
- Jordan Smith 32.02%
- Barrett Baber 2.17%
Who Will Win The Voice 9
An overwhelming majority believe Jordan Smith will win The Voice.
- Jordan Smith – Team Adam 66.3%
- Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake 24.45%
- Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen 8.7%
- Barrett Baber – Team Blake 0.55%
Grade the Episode
We’re back to the typical B- grade most The Voice episodes garnered this season.
- B 36.48%
- C 28.36%
- A 20.42%
- D 10.21%
- F 4.53%
Prediction: This is the easiest prediction yet: 1. Jordan Smith 2. Emily Ann Roberts 3. Barrett Baber 4. Jeffery Austin.
Jordan has dominated the entire season of The Voice, including iTunes downloads. His popularity was aided and abetted by production, who treated the singer like an heir apparent. Jeffery barely made it into the finals, and only impressed viewers with his “Stay” performance, and still it charted lower than the rest of the pack. The only positions I’m unsure of are Emily Ann and Barrett. I would not be entirely shocked if Barrett snagged that #2 spot, despite Emily Ann’s pimp spot “Burning House” triumph. Remember, this is the guy who leapfrogged over iTunes stars Madi Davis and Amy Vachal, with a mediocre performance, to a spot in the finals. On the other hand Emily Ann is also on the mighty Team Blake, so I’ll be keeping her in that #2 spot.