The Voice 8 once again produced another night of strong performances. Let’s take a look at the iTunes chart and the results of our poll for the Top 10 ahead of predicting which two contestants will leave the competition this week.
The Voice 8 Top 10 iTunes Rankings (as of Noon)
Koryn Hawthorne and Sawyer Fredericks received the 10x bonus this week, putting them ahead of the pack. Meghan Linsey came in 3rd, but unfortunately, didn’t make the Top 10 this week. There’s another big gap between her and India Carney/Hannah Kirby. I get India charting relatively well–she had the pimp spot. But I am really puzzled by Hannah. She performed third, and personally I thought that performance was kind of a mess. She sold more iTunes than Kimberly Nichole who had one of the best performances of the night! Hannah is going to escape the B3 again, I think. I wonder if fans of Blake Shelton are on overdrive here.
Speaking of which…Team Adam could end up with both of his remaining contestants in the B3. Ouch. The failure of Joshua Davis on iTunes this week is eye opening. I figured he had people. If he does manage to escape the B3, it might be older fans who aren’t voting via iTunes. That scenario is entirely possible. Poor Rob Taylor from Team Christina has just failed to resonate.
3. Koryn Hawthorne – Make it Rain
4. Sawyer Fredericks – Iris
25. Meghan Linsey – Home
45. India Carney – Run to You
46. Hannah Kirby – Shout
51. Kimberly Nichole – Somethings Got a Hold on Me
78. Corey Kent White – Unwound
81. Joshua Davis – Hold Back the River
88. Rob Taylor – A Song For You
91. Deanna Johnson – Somebody to Love
The Voice 8 – Top 10 – Favorite Performance
I can’t argue with the #1 favorite here. Koryn Hawthorne was spectacular last night. I thought “Iris” was one of Sawyer’s weaker performances. Meghan Linsey and Kimberly Nichole both out sang him. Sawyer has people! I like him–just not singing 90s pop. Does Deanna Johnson have a roaming band of fans voting in polls on her behalf? Because I MEAN. I’d put her at the bottom of the poll.
- Koryn Hawthorne – Team Pharrell – Make it Rain 36.39%
- Sawyer Fredericks – Team Pharrell – Iris 14.51%
- Deanna Johnson – Team Adam – Somebody to Love 10.77%
- Kimberly Nichole – Team Christina – Somethings Got a Hold on Me 9.86%
- Meghan Linsey – Team Blake – Home 9.52%
- India Carney – Team Christina – Run to You 7.94%
- Hannah Kirby – Team Blake – Shout 4.2%
- Joshua Davis – Team Adam – Hold Back the River 3.51%
- Corey Kent White – Team Blake – Unwound 2.15%
- Rob Taylor – Team Christina – A Song For You 1.13%
The Voice 8 – Top 10 – Favorite OVERAll Team
Christina and Pharrell are killing it!
- Team Pharrell 39.08%
- Team Christina 37.3%
- Team Adam 12.04%
- Team Blake 11.58%
The Voice 8 – Top 8 – Who SHOULD go Home
Deanna Johnson and Hannah Kirby would be my choices to go home.
- Deanna Johnson 33.95%
- Corey Kent White 15.53%
- Rob Taylor 12.37%
- Hannah Kirby 11.18%
- Koryn Hawthorne 10.13%
- Joshua Davis 9.47%
- Sawyer Fredericks 3.29%
- Meghan Linsey 1.71%
- India Carney 1.58%
- Kimberly Nichole 0.79%
The Voice 8 – Top 10 – Who WILL go Home
How did Sawyer end up 4th in this poll? NO. The percentages after Rob are all pretty close, and statistically insignificant, but still. Sawyer ain’t going home anytime soon. Maybe not at all.
Prediction: I’m going to say Deanna Johnson, Rob Taylor and and either Joshua Davis or Corey Kent White end up in the Bottom 3. Unless Deanna pulls out another CCM song, and totally nails, it–she leaves the competition, along with Rob Taylor.
- Deanna Johnson 49.03%
- Rob Taylor 15.75%
- Joshua Davis 9.53%
- Sawyer Fredericks 8.7%
- Corey Kent White 6.63%
- Hannah Kirby 4.7%
- Koryn Hawthorne 3.59%
- Kimberly Nichole 0.83%
- India Carney 0.69%
- Meghan Linsey 0.55%