ETA: I’m still updating this list!
ETAA: Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson were just on Idol Tonight. They take back the whole “Knock Out” prediction. They both said, after they watched it on television, the performances were even. They think they may have even garnered some sympathy votes for Cookie…
I’m collecting finale spoilers in this thread. If you find anything good, post it!
More For Wednesday:
- ZZ TOP WILL BE PERFORMING WITH DAVID COOK
- GRAHAM NASH Performing “TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL” with BROOKE WHITE
- DAVID ARCHULETA PERFORMS WITH ONE REPUBLIC
- While many of the ex-Idols have been invited back for the finale, many in the Top 24 have not ¦
- Seal will perform, according to the FOX report.
- Bryan Adams is rumored to be performing.
- Donna Summer and ZZ Top are performing according to this. Yay?
- …Other rumors include a performance by the Jonas Brothers and perhaps a gift from his pop holiness, Kanye West. Well see ¦ From here.
- Jason Castro has a clue for one of the guest stars, he says that one was known as …codename Virgin Airlines
- Uhm. The biggest star in the world is George Michael. WTF?
- Adam Cook will be in the audience tonight.
- he So You Think You Can Dance dancers will be performing on Wednesday finale
- Two Idols from each of the previous six seasons will come back to perform a group number. Hooray! Bo Bice has already confirmed. Yahoo.
- Carrie Underwood will perform her new single …Last Name, according to her My Space.
- There going to be another …Dead Elvis video (last year, Celine Dion sang a …duet with Elvis Presley), this time including several people, per Nigel on KISS.
- Paula Abdul will debut a song from her upcoming album, and the Top 12 will also be performing alongside Paula for a special group number. Yahoo.
- The band One Republic (responsible for the mega-hit …Apologize. Ryan Tedder from the band recently wrote for Clay Aiken and Blake Lewis) canceled a gig in order to be available for the finale. Daily Press
- Nigel Lythgoe says the kids will be singing 8 new songs tonight. The Top 5 have duets, except for Jason Castro who will be singing “Hallelujah” by himself. David Archuleta and David Cook will sing a duet–at first it was going to be “Homeward Bound” but they decided on “Hero” from Spiderman (Cookie suggested it). Nigel says “the most famous star in the world” may not be a musician. From an interview with Nigel and the Davids this morning on KISS.
- Tonight’s “Dead Elvis” virtual reality video features people who are very much alive, according to TMZ: “The finale will include a virtual hologram of Gladys Knight singing “Midnight Train to Georgia” with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Downey Jr. singing backup as the Pips.” Jordin Sparks will also be performing.