UPDATE: Larry King Live featured an Idol Roundtable, featuring Justin Guarini, Kimberly Caldwell and Elliott Yamin. Ryan Seacrest dialed in to weigh in and clarified what would happen on Tuesday’s show:
- Round One – The Contestant’s Favorites – Favorite song from the season is how Ryan described it.
- Round Two – Simon Fuller’s Pick
- Round Three – The Winner’s Single
There’s only one Coronation song–whoever wins will have to sing it. Wonder if re-arranging will be allowed? Plus, the way Ryan described the contestant’s pick–Adam and Kris won’t have the opportunity to work up a new song. I’ll be posting the video in a bit.
On the Phoenix KISS John Jay and Rich radio show, Paula Abdul dishes on what we can expect from next week’s final
- Simon Fuller pick (last year, it was Clive who chose the song)
- Contestant pick (either a reprise or new song)
- Coronation song (Paula thinks Kara DioGuardi wrote the song, but she’s not sure if there’s more than one song)
Will Adam and Kris will be sing the same Coronation song? Will they be allowed to re-arrange it? For Kris, in particular, being able to re-imagine the song to suit his style will be key.
Paula wouldn’t spill about whose lined up to perform on the finale, but she did hint that there will be duets, maybe with well-known recording artists.
Paula still will not confirm whether she’ll be back next year.
Listen to the interview here:
Paula Abdul – John Jay and Rich