UDPATE: EW interview with Paige HERE.
I just finished a conference call with eliminated American Idol contestant, Paige Miles. I’ll have a transcript up later, but a couple of things:
- Paige’s feelings were really hurt when the judges wouldn’t allow her to sing for her life
- She’s had laryngitis for about 3 weeks now
- Laryngitis affected her song selections. She picked ballads because they were easier on her vocals
- The judges were really complimentary after her performance. Kara especially. They loved her sing out.
- If she were to stick around, she was planning on singing either “Don’t Leave Me This Way” or “I Can’t Stand the Rain”
- She wishes the judges were allowed to have a hand in song selection for the contestants
- She sounded really terrible on the phone. She’s really sick.
- Paige was surprised to be eliminated. She really did not think it was her time to go.
- Katie and Siobhan were her best friends.
I’ll have a longer transcript later. After the jump, video interviews with Good Day LA and Good Day Philadelphia. She tells the Philly anchors that she wishes that “some things had been done differently…
Video after the JUMP…
Paige Miles – Good Day Philadephia
Paige Miles – Good Day LA