So far, here are all the changes to So You Think You Can Dance 7, tweeted by executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe @dizzyfeet:
- First rule change. Only one dancer will leave the competition each week and not two. Many more changes to come by the end of this week.
- Another rule change for SYTYCD this coming Season. The partners will change every single week.
- This Season will not have a top 20. The pieces are falling into place. More tomorrow. (this one was supposed to shock us)
- CHANGE-The competitors will no longer choose their genres of dance. I’ll explain everything before the SYTYCD Press Conference on Monday!
- No top 20! No choosing genres! Only one goes home each week CHANGE – Less than 4 compete in the Finale! Fox reveals all the changes tomorrow
Nigel says there will be one more change, “Of course there’s still one more exciting and awesome change that links together the other small changes and makes sense of the entire show.”
Everything will be explained in a press conference on Monday.
Sounds to me like there will be fewer dancers competing on the live show, and the judges will have more control over what genres the dancers perform (although, I always believed that pulling dances out of the hat thing was rigged.)
Also, the finale looks suspiciously like the American Idol finale. What do you guys think. It’s always good to tweak a show that’s been on the air for awhile. But I hope Nigel hasn’t tweaked it too much…