An Idol news update, just for you:
- The release date for Kelly Clarkson’s upcoming album, All I Ever Wanted, has been pushed up to March 10, from the original release date of March 17, according to her official website. More Kelly, sooner. That’s a good thing! Pre-order the album HERE
- Brooke White posts a brand-new My Space blog. Read about how the duet with Michael Johns, “Life is Ok” came about. She didn’t know the song had been released until fans commented about it on her MySpace! She also recently attended the NAMM convention, in Anaheim…
- David Archuleta weekly My Space blog is up. In his typically sweet and rambly style, David talks about taking over Radio Disney, performing at the Sundance Film Festival (with his brother Daniel on guitar), singing the National Anthem at a pre-Inaugural Latino Ball (He got to meet Mark and JLo.) and visiting the National History Museam in DC.
- Carly Smithson tells her fans in a recent chat that she should be finished with her upcoming album in the next 2-3 months and has recorded 6 songs so far. She’s writing with Steve McMorran, who also wrote for David Archuleta’s recent album.
- Jason Castro will perform at the premiere of the movie, Amar A Morir this Friday, January 23, in Santa Barbara California. Jason recorded a new version of “Hallelujah” for the movie’s soundtrack. His performance starts at 7:30 pm. Check here for more info.
- Jennifer Hudson was recently spotted in Florida, taking a run with her fiance. She’s getting ready to come back to public life after the tragic murders of her mom, brother and nephew back in October. She’s set to perform the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, sing at the MusiCares Person of the Year Gala Feb. 6, followed by the Grammy’s Feb 8..