Your Idols Billboard Chart for this week!
- Idol albums on the Billboard 200 took a slight sales dip except for Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks. She’s back in the Top 50 with a 7% sales increase. She sold 14, 737 this week for a total of 538, 609. Some Hearts, Carrie Underwood, had a 3% increase, 13, 071 this week for a total of 6, 303, 479. Carnival Ride, Carrie Underwood, had a -4% decrease, for a total of 1, 891, 634. Daughtry, Daughty had a -8 decrease, 23, 078 this week, for a total of 3, 841, 336.
- “No Air”, Jordin Sparks w/ Chris Brown, has climbed to #6 on the Billboard Hot 100, eclipsing “Tattoo”, which peaked at #8 on the chart. “No Air” rises on all the charts–It’s #4 on the Hot Digital Tracks and Hot Digital Songs chart.
- “All-American Girl”, Carrie Underwood, hits #1 on Hot Country Songs after 14 weeks on the chart.
- “Feels Like Tonight”, Daughtry debuts on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart at #30.
- “Bleeding Love”, Leona Lewis, jumps 41%, from 41-21 on the Hot Digital Songs chart.
- “Imagine”, John Lennon re-enters the Hot Digital Songs chart, on the strength of Idol contestant, David Archuleta’s performance Top 20 week.
- Not showing up on the chart yet but remarkable nonetheless: “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley, currently sits at #1 on the iTunes Top 100. The tune surged to #5 overnight on iTunes, after Jason Castro performed it Tuesday night for the Top 16. An Apple spokesperson says that it’s one of the biggest overnight pops in the history of iTunes.
Picture – Carrie Underwood at the ACM nominations press conference Tuesday.