Can you believe it? This is the very last spoiler post of the year! In “All or Nothing”, the season finale airing May 9, the New Directions will finally compete in Regionals. And if you’re wondering what happened to Prom, Graduation and Nationals? Ryan Murphy has promised a slew of cliffhangers for the end of the season.
SPOILERS via ONTD_Glee
Heather Morris is the Series Regular leaving Glee:
- Brittany DOES break up with Sam, but the Fondue for Two is completely disappointing and does not last long at all.
- Brittany goes all Diva, breaks up with Sam and quits Cheerios in epic fashion.
- Sam is the one to call Santana after Brittany breaks up with him. You see Santana in a sports bra when he calls her.
- We don’t even get to see Brittany explain her issues to Santana, it cuts away when they are going to talk.
- Santana says she cares about her as a person and a friend.
- Brittany is so impressive that MIT wants her to start immediately.
- Bram get a goodbye hug and I love you. Brittana get a goodbye hug but Santana tells her she doesn’t have to say anything.
- Heather cries throughout her entire goodbye speech and she was really good. Speech makes it seem like she’s gone for good. She mentions everyone, Santana last.
- Bram/Brittana divide is about 60/40, it’s a big Brittany episode.
- Brittany does the breaking up via text.
- The last thing you see of Brittany is a Bram hug after the wedding when the camera pans to black. It’s a group shot and she’s also standing next to Santana.
- Santana mentions meeting with a hot Broadway choreographer on her call to Sam.
- Rachel only has one scene and it’s in the beginning of the episode.
- Will Schuester announces to the Glee Club that regionals will be held at McKinley High. (The excuse is so flimsy! Will calls Frida Romero a “tiny juggernaut of talent”)
- Rachel gets called back to audition for “Funny Girl” and sings a Celine Dion song.
- Patty Duke guest stars as a store clerk helping Blaine select an engagement ring for Kurt. (Blaine calls Kurt his “soulmate”)
- Jessica Sanchez returns to Glee as a competing regionals finalist. (TINY JUGGERNAUT)
- The New Directions perform “All Or Nothing” at regionals.
Glee Zone Summary: Glee Zone
As Brittany’s implausibly near-perfect SAT score earns her an admissions interview at M.I.T., school administrators try to square her impressive test results with her less than stellar academic record. In preparation for Regionals, Will announces the team’s set list, which includes one of Marley’s original compositions. Despite their increasingly positive outlook, the glee club’s odds of victory are greatly diminished when two of their teammates refuse to perform.
Undaunted by the naysayers, Blaine continues with his preparations to propose marriage to Kurt, leading the pair to bear witness to a hopeful and inspiring event. After learning the identity of Ryder’s “catfish,” Marley admits to pulling the hurtful prank herself in order to protect the regretful and embarrassed perpetrator’s identity and preserve the peace in glee club. The phony admission only creates further tension among the gleeks, prompting the real catfish to confess. Meanwhile, upon her return from Boston, classmates and teachers notice a marked and disturbing change in Brittany’s behavior and attempt to remedy it, and Rachel puts it all on the line at her final Funny Girl callback.
FOX Official Summary:
IT’S NOW OR NEVER FOR THE NEW DIRECTIONS ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “GLEE” THURSDAY, MAY 9, ON FOX
Patty Duke, Meredith Baxter and Season 12 AMERICAN IDOL Runner-Up Jessica Sanchez Make Guest Appearances
It’s finally time for Regionals, and the glee club is more determined than ever to advance to Nationals. Brittany returns from her MIT trip with a new attitude and Ryder finally has a lead on who is “catfishing” him in the all-new “All Or Nothing” season finale episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, May 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-422) (TV-14 D, L)
Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Harry Shum, Jr. as Mike Chang.
Guest Cast: Patty Duke as Jan; Meredith Baxter as Liz; Jessica Sanchez as Frida Romero; NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz Washington; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart
UPDATE: Judging by NEW photos released by FOX, Sam accompanies Blaine to the jewelry story to pick out an engagement ring for Kurt. The ring salesperson, Patty Duke is in a long term lesbian relationship with the Meredith Baxter character. The older couple take Kurt and Blaine out to dinner at Breadstix, willing to serve as their relationship mentors.
UPDATE: “There’s a cliffhanger with Blaine which is pretty interesting,” says Chord Overstreet via THR. Also, The WINNER OF REGIONALS IS REVEALED.
UPDATE: Blaine asks Sam to be best man, but sam thinks it’s a bad idea, talks about about Finn and Rachel getting engaged and how stupid it was and he mentions that Blaine doesn’t know Kurts status with Adam.
UPDATE: According to two reports, a SERIES REGULAR will say goodbye on the finale. Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and Darren Criss have all confirmed they’ll be returning for season 5. Cory Monteith is missing the last 2 episodes of S4 due to a stint in rehab, but sources have said he WILL be returning for Season 5. Who could it be leaving?
Could that series regular be Heather Morris? “Brittany’s story line will conclude and you’ll figure out where she’s going,” Overstreet teases of his on-screen partner. “She comes in and out of MIT and goes back and forth and you’ll see where she’s headed and what’s going to happen with her. It’ll be an emotional episode but it will be fun.” – Chord Overstreet via THR.
And yes, it appears, as Ryan Murphy has been hinting in interviews, that the current school season will carry over into Season 5. Decisions on what will happen to McKinley High School seniors Blaine, Tina, Artie and Brittany won’t have to be made until the fall…
The New Directions will face off against the Nun-Touchables (The Yale Whiffenpoofs, according to Darren Criss) and Frida Romero, the tiny, yet fierce lead singer of The Hoosierdaddies (played by American Idol alum, Jessica Sanchez.
Frida will sing two songs–“Clarity” and “Wings” New Directions will perform 3 songs, “I Love It”, “Hall of Fame” and an original song by Marley called “All or Nothing.”
Song Spoilers via GleekOutBrasil
Clarity by DJ Zedd feat the Foxes – Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies (Jessica Sanchez)
Wings by Little Mix – Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies (Jessica Sanchez)
I Love It by Icona Pop – Tina, Kitty, Brittany & Unique
All or Nothing – (Original song) – Marley & Blaine
Hall Of Fame by The Script – Artie, Sam, Joe & Ryder – Canção original da banda The Script.
To Love You More by Celine Dion – Rachel Berry
Vanessa Lengies tweeted that Sugar is back! She and Samuel Larsen have been MIA for most of the episodes after winter break.
Plus, Santana will head back to Ohio to help ex-girlfriend, Brittany get back on her feet. Rachel will go on her call back for “Funny Girl.” Lea Michele was giddy on twitter–“To Love You More” by Celine Dion, is a song she has been wanting to sing on Glee since Day 1.
Also, Ryder will find out the true identity of the mysterious Catfisher, Katie!
AND, will Blaine pop the question to Kurt? He’s already gotten advice from Kurt’s Dad. In the finale, Blaine shops for a ring at a jewelry store and meets a character played by Patty Duke, who is the jewelry salesperson. Blaine shares his love for Kurt and then she her longtime girlfriend, played by Meredith Baxter, offer to be their mentors. In the photo below, it looks like the four are having dinner at a restaurant. Via GleekOutBrasil
I’m hearing that Blaine DOESN’T propose to Kurt in the finale, but that’s a rumor.
PHOTO GALLERY – BTS
FOX Production Stills