Episode 10, called “Yes/No” airs on Tuesday January 17. Eric Stoltz directs.
Official FOX Summary – LOVE IS IN THE AIR AT MCKINLEY HIGH ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, ON FOX – NeNe Leakes (“Real Housewives of Atlanta”) Makes a Special Guest Appearance – When Will tries to plan a special surprise for Emma, he enlists the glee club to help him sweep her off her feet. Meanwhile, Becky sets her sights on Artie, and Finn makes an announcement about his life plans after high school that surprises the glee club in the all-new “Yes/No” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Jan. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-310) (TV-14 D, L)
Guest Cast: NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz Washington; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel; Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Lauren Potter as Becky Johnson; Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel; Graham Kurtz as Vinny; Patricia Raven as Webber; Valerie Mahaffey as Rose Pillsbury; Don Most as Rusty Pillsbury; Rock Anthony as Rick the Stick; LaMarcus Tinker as Shane.
UPDATE: Lauren Potter: Her popular character, Becky Jackson, bravely proclaims her love to Artie (Kevin McHale). “Artie is so sweet and nice and handsome; great boyfriend material, Becky is spunky and loves Artie, and I think they’d be great at dating and stuff.” Sadly, Artie’s not so sure Becky’s the girl for him, which finds both students seeking out the advice of an uncharacteristically sensitive Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). “Sue is very nice to Becky when she’s feeling sad,” says Lauren, who offers up this exclusive tease of a future episode: “Sue will want Becky to be her daughter, and Becky thinks Sue would be a great mom.” (TV Guide)
- By all accounts, there’s an unbelievably HUGE GIANT PLOT twist in the last 5 minutes of the episode that will knock our socks off. It has to do with a Glee couple. A very emotional episode, there are some big BIG developments.
- It’s a big episode for Will and Emma and Rachel and Finn.
- At least THREE people propose! Only one gets an answer.
- Someone comes back to school ALREADY MARRIED! “The epiphany happened at Taco Bell and the knot was tied over the holiday break, elopement-style.” (My guess: Cooter marries either Sue or Beiste)
- Mercedes kinda sorta totally makes her mind up about Sam and Shane – Sam and Mercedes performance of “Summer Love” figures into the decision. “Summer Love” is the first performance.
- Will’s Glee whiteboard assignment is to help him propose to Emma. The proposal idea is Sam’s. The kids sing “We Found Love” dancing atop water in a swimming pool. The number includes the entire cast and features the kids wearing retro bathing suits. The emotional, over the top performance is the last number of the episode.
- Helen Mirren’s dialog as a character’s “inner voice: “Lay off, haters. OK, get realz.” Right?! OK, OK, here’s one more: “No Chang do — I’m no rice queen.” Hm. The mystery of which character she voices is solved in the 1st 5 minutes. (My guess: Becky)
- Coach Sue spends the entire episode being supportive. All of her advice is about how to handle relationships. Artie is a recipient of her advice. Sue to Artie: “it’s a wheelchair, not a Porsche.” Michael Chiklis and David Boreanaz get a shout out from Sue.
- Finn gets some deeply troubling information from his mom. It’s going to turn his world upside down and propel him to make a life-changing decision. “Finn and his mom will break your heart into a million pieces.” The news appears to be about his dad. And we already know, via the promo, that Finn visits an Army recruiter.
- Rachel sings a very emotional cover of David Guetta’s and Usher’s “Without You” to Finn.
- Emma sings “Marry Me Will” with back-up assistance from Beiste and Sue; it’s the weirdest girl group EVER.
- Confirmed: A new triangle (sorta) takes shape between Becky, Artie and Sugar.
- There’s a super-sweet scene between Sue and Becky
- Artie’s performance of “Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin’ Jack Flash” is part of relationship advice he gives to Will. Artie, Will and the boys are featured.
- Will chooses his best man.
- Santana, Rachel, Mercedes and Tina sing “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” and flash back to meeting their respective sweethearts, Brittany, Finn, Sam and Mike. (There’s a very heart-melting moment between Britanna) One of them reveals that she may be in love with someone else.
- Will asks Emma’s crazy ginger supremacist parents for her hand in marriage, and it doesn’t go well. Emma gives an emotional, heart-wrenching speech to Will about their future together.
- Klaine doesn’t figure in this episode much. “Michael” makes up for that.
- NYADA finalist letters have gone out.
- Sue calls Coach Beiste “(male celebrity) in a wig.” Michael Chiklis
- Coach Roz (NeNe Leakes) makes fun of Sam’s lips. And his nipples. And she tells him not to pee in the pool (Click to watch B-Roll footage featuring NeNe and Chord.) And Sam is shirtless!
MORE Yes/No Spoilers from the Hollywood Repoter:
- The BIG NEW SPOILER are the couple flash backs! We get to see how key couples like Finn and Rachel, Sam and Mercedes, Tina and Mike and Will and Emma met.
- Matt Morrison on the Wema marriage proposal: “”I personally would never do this, but I’m literally walking on water.” Morrison also teased that that Will and Emma may not be the only ones taking the plunge. “There’s another couple on the show that are making a big step as well, it’s not just Will and Emma.”
- Lea Michele says there’s a “shocker”: Michele says Finn and Rachel are “in it to win it” and teased a “shocker for the people in relationships” in Tuesday’s episode in addition to flashbacks of when all the couples — including Mike and Tina, Finn and Rachel as well as Sam and Merceds — first met.
- Harry Shum Jr. on the couple flashbacks, “You get to go back and see how they fell in love and how they got to that place because a lot of it was skimmed over. We get to see a lot of the couples in their past and how they got there and maybe the bumps in the road to how they got to that place. I think it’s more mainly focused on Will and Emma. It’s such a beautiful episode, the way the proposal happens. It’s such a sweet way of having that come about.
- Cory Monteith on Finn’s confusion and…bromances! “Finn is going to have to figure out very quickly what it is he wants to do and where he wants to go,” Monteith says, noting Finn and Rachel will be tested along the way. In addition, it’s bromance-city with Finn, Blaine and Rory.
Artie makes a play! “Artie gets some lovin’ in the first episode back,” says Kevin McHale. “He goes after one lady — a current cast member, she’s not a series regular. That narrows it way down. Way down.” (Sugar Motta!!) (TV Line) In an interview with EOnline, Kevin says, “But I got out on a date with another. (Becky!)
Jayma Mays talks about “Yes/No” to The Hollywood Reporter
- “There’s nothing traditional about this proposal whatsoever. I think it’s one of the most spectacular proposals I’ve ever seen written. It’s really fitting for the characters. “
- The kids will be involved with the proposal.
- Emma has a fantasy that she proposes to Will. But she’s traditional, she wants will to propose to her.
- Emma’s OCD is dealt with in the episode. Emma’s virginity, however, does not come up.
- Emma’s “ginger supremacist” parents aren’t happy with the proposal news.
- Helen Mirren is NOT Emma’s internal voice.
UPDATE: Edited to remove info about Sebastian and the Warblers appearing in the episode. They don’t. But some of the scenes from “Michael” were shot simultaneously with “Yes/No”, hence the confusion. “Yes/No” guest stars are listed in the FOX Summary below
Helen Mirren will guest star…but only in a monologue as an “inner voice” of one of the cast members. (TV Line)
PHOTOS from FOX:
Shots of The Girls + Kurt and The Boys recreating “Summer Nights” (with Sam and Mercerdes on lead), Sam and Coach Roz (NeNe Leakes) face off, Mike and Tina have a romantic picnic.
Sam has not given up on winning back Mercedes. He joins the synchronized swim team in order to impress her with a Letterman jacket (Ne Ne Leakes of Real Housewives of Atlanta has been cast as the coach!).
Burt and Carole Hummel, Mercedes boyfriend Shane and Emma’s parents will make appearances. Sugar will also be in the episode.
Video Promo (Watch below): Finn talks to an Army recruiter, Will announces to the class that he’s going to ask Emma to marry him, There’s some sort of performance featuring Emma walking the halls of McKinley in a wedding dress. Artie sings “Moves Like Jagger” mashed up with “Jumping Jack Flash”
The BIG news? Lea Michele tweeted on Dec. 6, that the gang was “Recreating a scene from one of my favorite movies growing up for
Soon after, it spilled that the scene was from the classic movie musical, “Grease”!
According to @FYeahGleeCast, “They’re filming at Venice high school today and tomorrow, the same place where Grease was filmed.” (Dec 5-6)
A student at the school captured part of the shoot. You can hear the song “Summer Nights” on the PA. Watch the Video. *Listen to the full song stream below. Sam and Mercedes play Danny and Sandy. Solos include Sugar Motta as Pinky and Kurt as Rizzo.
With the cast filming in a public place, that brought the paps out. There are tons of photos from the shoot. Check out the guys decked out as Rydell High students singing “Summer Nights”.
There were even more BTS photos, including shots of Kurt (Chris Colfer) with the girls and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) and Mike (Harry Shum Jr.).
Plus, There are a slew of photos of Chris and the girls HERE with special guest star NeNe Leakes of “Real Housewives of Atlanta”. WTF? (She’s cast as the synchronized swim coach, Roz Washington. Sam will be trying out for the team in order to impress Mercedes)
Mercedes and the girls + Kurt on set to sing “Summer Nights”. Chris Colfer tweets that he sang with the girls instead of the boys because, “It was my call. I thought Kurt would have MUCH more fun gabbing with the girls.” Chris tells the Insider: “He was with the girls — by my request. Originally he was with the boys but I called Ryan and said, “What do the boys have that Kurt wants?!?” There’s no way he’d be hanging with them. He’d be gabbing with the girls over sandwiches and mac & cheese. He completely agreed and I was put with the girls, which is great because I get to be Rizzo!”
The Glee Club sings “We Found Love” Dancing on top of a swimming pool.
From ONTD_Glee “Well…the song is ‘We Found Love’. The suits they wore were nautical themed. But, Matt Morrison was wearing a white tuxedo. Jayma Mays was there also. The number is on a clear platform that was put on the pool, so the cast isn’t all swimming, but dancing on top of the water. I didn’t see Amber Riley around. I’m not sure if she didn’t leave the pool or she wasn’t there. The Warblers were there too, but they were filming in one of our gyms. And they filmed last week and showed short clips of it in the promo last night! But, I think a lot of people know about all of that already!”
There are more spoilers from a student at the school where the scene was shot. New Directions + Warblers were there, plus Matt Morrison and Jayma Mays. (But it appears the Warbler scenes and the dueling cello concert were shot for the Michael Jackson episode)
Check out this article from the Venice High School Oarsman where the Grease, Swimming Pool and Warbler scenes were shot. There is a scene that involves a dueling cello concert: “The cast and crew used the football bleachers, covered eating area, East Gym and swimming pool as backdrops for their scenes during the Dec. 6 and 13 filmings. The Grease-themed episode is set to air Jan. 17… The actors used the bleachers and covered eating area to sing “Summer Nights” as it was done originally in Grease.
A synchronized swimming scene and a dueling cello concert were reportedly filmed in the pool and East Gym, respectively.” (The Oarsman)
- “Summer Nights” from Grease (Via VIDEO) – Amber Riley (with the girls + Kurt) and Chord Overstreet (with the boys) sing lead
- Wedding Bell Blues by Laura Nyro (made popular by the 5th Dimension) Emma sings “Marry me Will” with Sue and Beiste as backup singers.
- “Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin Jack Flash” – Artie on lead with Will and Mike (Boys singing background)
- First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack – Santana, Rachel, Mercedes and Tina sing, flashing back to meeting their respective sweethearts
- “Without You” (David Guetta feat. Usher) – Lea Michele (Rachel sings to Finn (Lea tweets that the Anders brothers came up with a fantastic new arrangement)
- “We Found Love” – Lea Michele and Naya Rivera – The Glee Club sings “We Found Love” Dancing on top of a swimming pool.
Media and Cast Spoilers:
- Matt Morrison tells EOnline that the proposal will be “wet” indicating that it happens with the Glee kids in the swimming pool (Rachel, Naya and ND sing “We Found Love”
- Chris Colfer was set to sing with the boys for “Summer Nights” but thought Kurt would have more fun “gabbing with the girls over sandwiches and mac and cheese”. He called Ryan Murphy, who agreed. Chris not only sings with the girls, he plays Rizzo! (The Insider)
- Jayma Mays talks about “Yes/No” to The Hollywood Reporter
- Helen Mirren will guest star…but only in a monologue as an “inner voice” of one of the cast members. (TV Line)
- Rachel sings a very moving love song to Finn. (She spills to Billy Bush that’s is a David Guetta number–it’s “Without You”.
- Matthew Morrison confirms Will pops the question to Emma: “And it’s not just any proposal. According to the question-popper himself, Matthew Morrison, “It’s the most spectacular proposal I’ve ever seen.” Care to elaborate, MM? “All I can say is it’s wet. And it involves a big dance.” ” (TVLine)
- Sam (Chord Overstreet) joins the synchronized swim team in order to win Mercedes (Amber Riley) back. We’ll meet Coach Roz and 2 of Sam’s teammates (More at TVLine).
- NeNe Leakes of Real Housewives of Atlanta has been cast as Coach Roz (Tamara Tattles)
- Chord Overstreet on why Sam joins the swim team, “”He wants to get a letterman jacket because he thinks everyone at school wants to date someone with a letterman jacket.” (TVGuide)’
- Who is Mercedes going to choose on Glee: Sam or Shane? Despite Sam’s abs (which will be on full display when he joins McKinley’s synchronized swimming team in an attempt to win Mercedes back), Shane’s got the edge. Chord Overstreet tells us that in Episode 10, the two boys will finally come face to face, but the showdown won’t last long. “We just shot a scene where I’m talking to Mercedes, and Shane just grabs her mid-conversation and they walk away together,” Overstreet reveals. So, without a word, Shane shows Sam who’s boss? “Basically,” he says. (TV Guide)
- Lea Michele in an interview, ““I am having an amazing time. I’m having the greatest time. Half the stuff I’m doing, I’m like ‘I can’t believe I’m doing this.’ I was shooting a musical number under water yesterday!”
- The Coach Beiste/Sue/Cooter love triangle continues “Oh my God, there’s stuff coming up in episode 10 — I could die…Yes, there will be [romance]…There’s a little love triangle — you know, Sue [Sylvester] is in there.” (Access Hollywood)
- Lea Michele tweets “Finally home after a very long day. Finished our Christmas episode! Tomorrow we begin a new episode that’s filled with many more surprises!”
- Lea Michele tweets, “Big day today! At the studio now about to record 3 songs!!! Solo, duet and a girls number! So excited! Let’s do this
- Damian McGinty tweets, “Off for a dance rehearsal, and then 2 scenes, it’s gonna be fun!!”
- Lea Michele tweets, “What an incredible session today!!!
@alxanders you are amazing!! I’m so excited about all of the songs..but one especially
- Lea Michele tweets, “Omg been working so hard all day I realized I haven’t tweeted in hours! 3 scenes and a dance rehearsal wow!
- Lea Michele tweets, “Still shooting now! At Breadsticks with
@chriscolfer and @CoryMonteith”
- LaMarcus Tinker tweets, “Back on set tomorrow!”
- Lea Michele tweets, “Happy Friday! Worked till after midnight last night & now I’m already back at work! Starting the day with a solo number in the choir room!”
- Cory Monteith tweets, “I can speak for everyone here at
#glee, we are lucky to have @ericstoltz directing. such a talent. he should be directing movies!
- LaMarcus Tinker tweets, “It feels good to be back on set,with THE GLEE FAM!!!!! It’s truly a blessing.”
- Vanessa Lengies tweets, “This is what we are all watching right now in the choir room http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- Lea Michele tweets, “Rachel’s singing a beautiful song to Finn right now.. this song is going to be epic!
- Kevin McHale tweets, “One of my fav glee renditions evaahhhhh!
- Naya Rivera tweets, “
@msleamichele almost has me in tears with this beautiful song right now! It sounds so good!”
- Alex Anders tweets, “
@msleamichele for sure. I love @AdamAnders new arrangement of this song, and you delivered one of your best vocals!”
- Lea Michele tweets, “It’s gonna be a late night! Off to the auditorium now to sing another beautiful song with
@JennaUshkowitz @NayaRivera and @MsAmberPRiley”
- Amber Riley tweets, “I have to say,
@JennaUshkowitz voice on this song sounds AmAzing! As does these other beautiful ladies @msleamichele and @NayaRivera”
- Amber Riley tweets, “Thank you guys for your kind words! I feel better lol now I have to cry in a scene! Booo Lol muah”
- John Lock tweets, “I must say, The Ladies sound amazing right now.
@MsAmberPRiley @jennaushkowitz @msleamichele @nayarivera”
- Chord Overstreet tweets, “So excited for Tuesday!!!! Can’t wait to shoot this scene w
@CoryMonteith @Mark_Salling @DarrenCriss @ericstoltz @druidDUDE @chriscolfer”
- Lea Michele tweets, “Happy Monday everybody! Such an early morning here today at
#Glee! First scene up w/ @MsAmberPRiley @NayaRivera & @JennaUshkowitz”
- Ali Adler tweets, “Fake snowy day in Hollywood.
#glee @hitchmichael http://yfrog.com/nw4wfxvj”
- Lea Michele tweets, “Recreating a scene from one of my favorite movies growing up for
- Damian McGinty tweets, “Filming such a fun scene today, it may be my favourite since I’ve started. All the bros having a laugh!!”
- Damian McGinty tweets, “Awww!!! http://yfrog.com/kf7r1nij“
- Lea Michele tweets, “Back at work now.. Shooting a very epic
- Lea Michele tweets, “Just finished a very long and cold day at work! Swimming in December is never a good idea.. Unless you’re in Hawaii:” (Dec 14)
- Chris Colfer tweets about why he sang with the girls instead of the boys on “Summer Nights”, “It was my call. I thought Kurt would have MUCH more fun gabbing with the girls.”
- Lea Michele tweets, “I got to sing one of my favorite songs “with out you” sung by Usher.. @AdamAnders & @alxanders came up with a fantastic new arrangement!” (Jan 10)
- Chris Colfer tweets, “
@msleamichele It’s my favorite song you’ve done yet! (Jan 10)