Here’s your Glee post for tonight. I’ll be back later with more.
Loved loved loved the Glee wedding. The bullying storyline just keeps getting better. But that subplot with Sue marrying herself? Totally WTF, not funny and a waste of the comic talents of the legendary Carol Burnett.
Although, I did enjoy Carol’s duet with Jane Lynch, (the spoken parts were really clever) the rest appeared to be shoe-horned into the bigger, better bullying plot.
A few thoughts:
- I’m glad Karovsky’s dad didn’t turn out to be some stereotypical homo-hater. I expect Paul will play a part when Dave finally comes out. And he will–maybe not by the end of Season 2, but eventually. Max Adler has shown himself to be such a fine actor, I hope he becomes a regular.
- Kurt, Kurt, Kurt and more Kurt. I adore any storyline that revolves around the incredibly talented and immensely likable Chris Colfer. I’ll be watching the Wedding Party and Dance scenes over and over this week. How sweet was Finn and Kurt dancing together at the reception? I expected Finn to be the guy to come to Kurt’s defense, but instead it was the rest of the gang who rally around him. Corey Monteith brings so much dept to a character that could be played broadly and for laughs. He’s amazing.
- I was soooo psyched when Kurt’s dad nearly kicked Karovsky’s ass. Weren’t you waiting for that? Mike O’Malley brings the awesome sauce to the character of Burt Hummel. And I wanted Kurt to stick around McKinley high just so Sue Sylvester could also kick Karovsky’s ass.
- Cannot wait for the return of Darren Criss and the Warblers next week, even though I HATE “Soul Sister” with the intensity of a thousand white-hot suns.
- I’ve accepted the fact that creator Ryan Murphy totally sucks at character development. Half that shit makes no sense. But? There are moments that are sooo sublime. Murphy’s also got an eye for special talent. While the story is unrealistic, the emotional truth in a scene is nearly always right on. No matter how implausible a situation, we end up believing.
Videos after the JUMP…
Ohio – Jane Lynch and Carol Burnett
Marry You – Glee Kids
Sway – Matthew Morrison & Just The Way You Are – Cory Monteith
Next Week’s Preview