In a surprise at the end of last week’s episode, there was no elimination at the end of the night, so the four semi-finalist kid couples have all advanced to the finals on the season finale of Dancing with the Stars: Juniors, Sunday, Dec. 9 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC network.
The night kicks off with all 12 Juniors kid couples, their mentors, judges Mandy Moore, Val Chmerkovskiy and Adam Rippon, and hosts Jordan Fischer and Frankie Muniz dancing to Whitney Myer’s “Dancing in the Stars.”
For their first dance, the four finalist couples will each reprise a favorite dance they performed during the season, which will also feature their mentor. Each couple will perform a jazz, cha cha or salsa. For their second dance, each couple will perform a no-holds-barred freestyle to a special holiday-themed song.
At the end of the night, based on the studio audience vote combined with the judges’ scores, one couple will be crowned the champion, and take home the all-new Juniors Mirrorball trophy.
Each couple will reprise a favorite dance performed this season to the following: (in alphabetical order):
- Ariana Greenblatt and Artyon Celestine featuring mentor Brandon Armstrong – Jazz – “Rolex” by Ayo & Teo
- Mackenzie Ziegler and Sage Rosen featuring mentor Gleb Savchenko – Cha Cha – “What If” by Johnny Orlando & Mackenzie Ziegler
- Miles Brown and Rylee Arnold featuring mentor Lindsay Arnold – Salsa – “Who Let the Dogs Out” by Baha Men
- Sky Brown and JT Church featuring mentor Alan Bersten – Salsa – “Light it Up” by Major Lazar featuring Nyla & Fuse ODG
Each couple will perform a Freestyle dance to the following holiday-themed songs (in alphabetical order):
- Ariana Greenblatt and Artyon Celestine (mentored by Brandon Armstrong) – “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” by Lindsey Stirling featuring Sabrina Carpenter
- Mackenzie Ziegler and Sage Rosen (mentored by Gleb Savchenko) – “Drummer Boy” by Justin Bieber featuring Busta Rhymes
- Miles Brown and Rylee Arnold (mentored by Lindsay Arnold) – “Sleigh Ride” by District 78
- Sky Brown and JT Church (mentored by Alan Bersten) – “Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson
Hosted by Dancing with the Stars season 25’s Mirrorball Trophy winner Jordan Fisher and finalist Frankie Muniz, Dancing with the Stars: Juniors is a fresh take on an established favorite in which 12 celebrity kids are partnered with professional junior ballroom dancers to perform choreographed routines that are judged by choreographer Mandy Moore, professional dancer Val Chmerkovskiy and Dancing with the Stars: Athletes champion, Adam Rippon.