It’s Movie Night as 11 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete on the third week of the 2019 season of Dancing with the Stars, live, Monday, September 30 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs inspired by the celebrity’s favorite movies including Wilson Phillips’ “Hold On,” “Here We Go Again” from Mamma Mia!, Roy Orbison’s “Pretty Woman,” Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5,” Selena’s “Dreaming of You,” Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow” and Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On,” among others.
The show will open with a behind-the-scenes look at some movie magic on our very own “backlot.” Weaving through three “movie sets” on the way to the ballroom, viewers will run into our stars and pros as they make their way to stage. In addition, the broadcast will include a special Star Wars moment.
Each Monday night, the live vote (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will be combined with the judges’ scores and tabulated in real time, with the bottom two revealed during the broadcast. And for the first time in DWTS history, voting has been changed this season where the judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window).
The couples are (with their dance choice) the following:
- Country artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko (Tango)
- The Bachelorette Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Rumba)
- Model and photographer Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Val Chmerkovskiy (Tango)
- Pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Rumba)
- The Office actress Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov (Quickstep)
- TV host and Queer Eye star Karamo and Jenna Johnson (Jive)
- Super Bowl MVP Ray Lewis and Cheryl Burke (Cha Cha)
- Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson (Rumba)
- Two-time NBA Champion Lamar Odom and Peta Murgatroyd (Cha Cha)
- Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold (Cha Cha)
- TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Rumba)
For the first time ever, Dancing with the Stars now has an official podcast! Every week, Dancing with the Stars fans can listen in and get a behind-the-ballroom perspective for all the latest backstage action, reactions and exclusive interviews with their favorite couples and cast members. These special access episodes will be released weekly on Tuesdays on Apple, Spotify, Acast and other podcast platforms. The Dancing with the Stars Official Podcast is produced by BBC Studios.
Hosted by two-time Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, and dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.