Mitch and Theo performed 3 songs. First was the Idol’s Choice, next the Idol single and finally, the Judges Choice. John Legend and Hedley mentor the Top 2.
Theo won all three rounds, although the first round was close. It’s Theo FTW, if you ask me.
- Mitch MacDonald – “Paris” by Gordie Sampson – I generally don’t like Mitch’s performances, but I thought his rendition of this song was lovely and very heartfelt.
- Theo Tams – “Good Mother” by Jann Arden – Theo is back behind the Piano, where he belongs. Hooray. Wow. That was beautiful. Gorgeous phrasing. Me likey.
- Mitch MacDonald – “Where We Begin” – Ew. Now Mitch is back to sounding all nasally and whiny and a bit flat. This song will be his radio single, and I’m not impressed at all. Why oh why must coronation singles suck?
- Theo Tams – “Sing” – Bleah, I don’t like this song much either. But Theo sells it, particularly on the chorus where his voice really soars.
- Mitch MacDonald – “If” by Bread – Seriously. Bread? WTF? And it’s more whiny, nasally, off-key swooping from Mitch. Granted, he’s got a particularly sh*tty song to work with. But still. YIKES. Sass and Farley think his off-key singing is part of charm. Uhm. OK. Wow, the judges are behaving as if they’re giving into the inevitable. Yikes.
- Theo Tams – “I Wanna Know What Love Is” by Foreigner – Theo’s song is also really lame. So many songs to choose from and they pick two moldy oldies? Theo, to his credit sings the hell out of the cheese. Really, he did as well as he could considering.
We’re down to the Final Two on Canadian Idol. It’s Theo Tams vs. Mitch MacDonald battling it out for the title.
The Finale is Wednesday night at 9 pm and features Mariah Carey and John Legend, plus your Top 10 Idols. Won’t it be great to see Mookie Morris and Earl Stevenson again?
The Canadian Idol Top 2 performance show begins tonight at 9 pm ET. Canadians and border dwellers ¦carry on! The rest of us will catch up ¦
Video from Igrecman. Ill post it as soon as it up.
Video after the JUMP…