The audition cities for Season 8 of American Idol have been announced. They begin in San Francisco, CA on July 17 and end in East Rutherford, NJ on August 19. There are six more cities in between, including Louisville KY, Phoenix, AZ Salt Lake City UT, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Kansas City, MO and Jacksonville FL.
Three of the audition cities are the hometowns of recent Idols, Jordin Sparks, (Phoenix) and David Cook (Kansas City, MO). David Archuleta’s hometown, Salt Lake City, UT is on the schedule too–not surprising considering recent press about the proliferation of Mormon contestants in Reality TV.
The inclusion of San Juan is this year’s surprise. But maybe not–perhaps the fact that three of this year’s Top 4 (Jason Castro, Syesha Mercado and David Archleta) are Latino figured into the decision to head south to the US Territory of Puerto Rico.
The age limit HAS NOT been changed. It’s still 16-28. The producers were considering lowering the age limit to 14. A horrible idea that did not come to fruition, thank Jeebus.
Check out the schedule After the JUMP…
- Thursday, July 17 San Francisco, CA The Cow Palace
- Monday, July 21 Louisville, KY – Freedom Hall
- Friday, July 25 – Phoenix, AZ – Jobing.com Arena
- Tuesday, July 29 – Salt Lake City, UT – EnergySolutions Arena
- Saturday, August 2 – San Juan, Puerto Rico – Coliseo de Puerto Rico
- Friday, August 8 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
- Wednesday, August 13 – Jacksonville, FL – Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
- Tuesday, August 19 – East Rutherford, NJ – IZOD Center at the Meadowlands