OH LOOK! American Idol finally has its very own phone app. FOX provided an app for the show for a season or two, before ditching it. For the last few seasons of its FOX run, Idol content was posted on the generic FOX app. It wasn’t a good look.
ETA: I downloaded the app, and oddly, the sign-in is not integrated with any social media apps like Google or Facebook. VOTING BEGINS SUNDAY APRIL 22
Check out all the details below.
The official “American Idol” app is now live on iOS and Android devices for fans to watch highlights, play along and soon vote for their favorite contestant as they continue their journey to become the next superstar. Using the app, fans are able to:
- Play along with the live show in real time during the broadcast. As Idol hopefuls audition, fans can guess if judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie will send them to the next round.
- IDOLize their selfies with custom “American Idol” filters and stickers.
- Interact with the show by playing trivia and answering questions about the show.
- Keep up with the “American Idol” community and see what’s trending on social media from judges, contestants and fans.
- Later this season, fans can use the app to vote for their favorite “American Idol” contestant to move forward. They will also be able to vote at AmericanIdol.com/vote or via text.
“American Idol” makes its highly anticipated return to television as superstar judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie set out on a journey across the nation to discover a new crop of inspiring talent with a touch of Disney magic, as it premieres its first season at its new home on America’s network, The ABC Television Network, SUNDAY, MARCH 11 (8:00–10:01 p.m. EDT), streaming and on demand. Emmy® Award-winning host and producer Ryan Seacrest returns as host of the beloved series.