The third night of American Idol 2021 auditions air on Sunday (Feb 28). Check out a rundown of singers who will perform in front of judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. The hopefuls will be doing their best to earn a golden ticket to the Hollywood Round.
Ryan Seacrest returns to competition series as host, and eventually radio and TV personality Bobby Bones will join the season as in-house mentor.
Tonight’s hopefuls include a family band headed by Broadway stars that has blown up on Tik Tok, a La Voz Kids alum, a Yale alum who sang with the Whiffenpoofs, an ambitious singer who performed with Diana Ross and Chaka Khan, a singing firefighter and more.
Meet Sunday’s hopefuls below. Also, click through the photo album and watch Sunday’s promo.
List of American Idol 2021 Auditions 3 Contestants
- Alanis Sophia – Alanis was born in Puerto Rico and eventually moved to Florida. Eventually, she competed on season 1 of La Voz Kids back in 2013 and finished in 2nd place. The singer signed to a record a few years back with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine. She wrote over 100 songs during her time with the label, but they eventually parted ways. The fusion of Latin Country just wasn’t cutting it. But, they parted on good terms. Listen to her story HERE. Watch a preview from TVLine Social Media: Instagram, You Tube, La Voz Audition
- Cecil Ray – Cecil is a country singer. “Dreaming, Drinkin’ and Drowning in these sad songs I write” he posts on Youtube. He’s also a father. Instagram Youtube
- Celeste Butler – At 16, Celeste competed on X Factor in a girl group. She describes herself as a singer, actress, activist and “an entrepreneur.” After X Factor, she attended the Thornton music school at USC. She has performed with Diana Ross, Chaka Khan and Esperanza Spalding, and recently founded an entertainment company “Creation Against Barriers.” Check out a piece from the USC Trojan HERE. IMDB Facebook Instagram Website
- Christian McGuckian – Maybe this is her? Watch a preview from TVInsider
- Dzaki Sukarn – Dzaki has 90.5K followers on Tik Tok and calls himself an “Asian Country Boy.” In the first music video I clicked, he sang a Creedence Clearwater Revival cover. But he’s got more of a pop country sound than blues or rock. When he attended New Mexico State University, in 2018 he looked a lot nerdier. Facebook Instagram Youtube Tik Tok
- Erika Perry – She’s featured in Sunday’s preview twirling about while trilling, “I go by ET. I’m like an alien. An extra terrestrial!” I’m assuming she’s a comedian looking for her minute on TV.
- Graham DeFranco – From Rockwell, Texas, he spoke with a local newscast about auditioning for American Idol. Watch HERE. Graham revealed that he sang “Rock Salt Nails” by Tyler Childers in front of the judges. His day job is working as a pilot for oil and gas companies. Facebook, Youtube
- Hunter Metts -Hunter, from Franklin, Tenn, has released a few songs to streaming services. Check out Hunter’s story HERE. Instagram
- Jeremias Williams – This 23 year old firefighter from Apopka, fueled by a lifelong love of music, auditioned for American Idol. I sense a feel good story coming on! His co-workers and boss spurred him on. In Sunday’s promo, he’s tearing up in the Zoom room as his crew wishes him luck.
- Mary Jo Young – This Cleveland OH singer was discovered on Tik Tok, where she goes by MJ Young and has nearly 263K followers! She has also released music to streaming sites. She told Cleveland.com that she began her Tik Tok career last year during the pandemic, and it blew up from there. Also, she has the greatest first name on Idol everrrrr. Heh. Facebook Instagram Youtube Tik Tok. Watch a preview of her audition HERE.
- Olyasdream – Hm. She’s a musician who sings and plays something called the “Hand Pan.” She’s obviously a serious artist (she reminds me a little of Kate Bush), but I going by the Idol promo, they’re playing her for laughs. Facebook Instagram Youtube
- Ronda Felton – In Sunday’s promo, Ryan calls Ronda’s audition “…one of the most moving moments in Idol history” as Lionel chokes up. Ronda is a high school student in Phoenix, Arizona. Ronda told ABC 12 that music helped her deal with depression. Her grandmother recently died. She sang “One Night Only” from Dreamgirls for her audition song. Watch the interview HERE. Facebook Instagram
- Samantha Sharpe – Samantha is a member of the Sharpe Family Singers. Mom and Dad met while performing in the Le Miz cast. Now, the entire family tours with their performance “Married On Broadway.” They also have a podcast on iHeartRadio’s Build a Bear network. Eventually, the family ensemble amassed 4 million followers on TikTok. THIS WEEK (Feb 24) the family appeared on the Tamron Hall Show. Watch. Samantha will be singing “Titanium.” New artiles: App.com ABCNews – Facebook Instagram Youtube Tik Tok
- Timmy Skelly – Timmy calls himself a “vintage soul singer.” He has experience working as a session musician, songwriter and singer. Facebook Instagram
- Tom McGovern – Tom describes himself as a “comedic singer” and he will write a jingle for your ad agency! Facebook Instagram Youtube
- Xavier Washington – Xavier attended Yale, where he sang with the a cappella group, Shades of Yale, which celebrates the music of the African diaspora. He also sang in the Yale Glee Club and the Whiffenpoofs. Facebook Instagram Youtube
Promo featuring Sunday’s contestants