I am ready to take the plunge! I’m putting Jessica Sanchez at the very top of my power list! She’s not a solid number one yet, but after her impressive showing in both her solo and duet performances last night, I can’t imagine the votes did not come pouring in for her. Or maybe I’m naive.
Colton Dixon is second, because his rocked up version of “Time After Time” was attention grabbing if it not perfect. Phil Phillips dips to number 3– he was not on his game last night. I’ve got the same Top 3 I’ve had for awhile, and I suspect they could remain that way through the end of the competition. They question is–who will ultimately take the crown?
Who is going home? I predict Hollie Cavanagh. She’s been struggling for a few weeks now.
1. Jessica Sanchez – She ruled the school last night. Go teen Idol.
2. Colton Dixon – Version of “Time after Time” was attention grabbing.
3. Phil Phillips – Phil was off his game this week. But he could come back strong next time.
4. Skylar Laine – Skyler will not end up in the bottom 3 this week after last night’s pimp spot power ballad.
5. Joshua Ledet – Joshua did well enough last night to hold on to a spot in the mid-pack.
6. Deandre Brackensick – The judges have been slobbering all over him, but I’m not convinced the public is sold. He and Josh could possibly switch places.
7. Elise Testone – I don’t think Elise has built up a strong enough fan base to get her through tough performances like she had last night. I’m fairly certain she’ll be in the bottom 3. If she were to be eliminated, there’s a good chance the judges would save her.
8. Hollie Cavanagh – Hollie has been struggling for a few weeks now. This could be the end of the road for the young singer.