The Season 7 finale is this Wednesday. As usual, TPTB are keeping details of the final cheesefest close to their vests. But there is information leaking out here and there. Here’s what we got so far:
- David Archuleta and David Cook will perform 3 songs according to reliable spoilers on Idol Forums. One will be picked by Clive Davis (!!!) Wasn’t he recently banished to an island for irrelevant record executives? WTF??!!? One will be chosen by the contestants–either a reprise of a song already sung during the season, or something new. The third song will be whatever ghastly song wins the Idol Songwriters Contest. There are rumors swirling that there will be a twist regarding the coronation song. Maybe there will be two winning songs? Perhaps re-arrangements by the contestants will be allowed? If you remember, last year, Blake Lewis was forced to sing the horrid “Here Is My Now” just as it was written, and the results weren’t pretty. Hopefully both Cookie and Archie will be handed songs they can make their own.
- Paula Abdul will debut a song from her upcoming album, and the Top 12 will also be performing alongside Paula for a special group number. Oh goodie! Yahoo.
- Two Idols from each of the past 6 Seasons of Idol will be appearing on the finale. Bo Bice has already announced that he’ll be one of the twelve. Yahoo.
- Jason Castro told an interviewer from the TV Guide channel that each of the Top 5 will duet alongside a special celebrity guest. Castrocopia.
- The Jonas Brothers will be appearing. Finally, something the kids will love. According to recent Nielsen data, the kids haven’t been loving much about Idol these days.
- The band One Republic (responsible for the mega-hit “Apologize”. Ryan Tedder from the band recently wrote for Clay Aiken and Blake Lewis) canceled a gig in order to be available for the finale. Daily Press
- There was a rumor floating about that Bryan Adams would be one of the celebrity guests, but I cannot find the source of that rumor. Anybody???
- The So You Think You Can Dance dancers will be appearing according to Ellen DeGeneres. They will preview their routine on Wednesday’s show.
Got some Finale scoop? Post it here please!