dick clark productions and ABC announce the first round of performers for the 2022 American Music Awards. The list of artists include American Idol season 4 winner Carrie Underwood, Imagine Dragons, J.I.D, PINK, Tems, Wizkid and Yola. The acts will take the stage for never-before-seen musical performances and first-ever collaborations. Additionally, Yola will perform the American Music Awards SONG OF SOUL, which spotlights an emerging, mission-driven artist that has inspired change and invoked social justice through their lyrics.
Hosted by Wayne Brady, the 2022 American Music Awards will air live from the Microsoft Theater at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on Sunday, Nov. 20, at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST on ABC and streaming the next day on Hulu. Additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks leading up to the show.
More on each performance:
- Eight-time AMA nominee PINK will perform her brand-new single, “Never Gonna Not Dance Again.” Set to be released on Nov. 4, the world premiere TV performance will give fans an exciting preview of her new music!
- American Idol winner, Country superstar, 17-time AMA winner and all-time Favorite Country Album record-holder Carrie Underwood will perform her hit track “Crazy Angels” off her latest album, Diamonds & Rhinestones.
- A four-time nominee this year, rock band Imagine Dragons will hit the stage for a performance alongside Atlanta rapper J.I.D. The band’s single “Enemy” is nominated for Favorite Rock Song, one of the four new AMA awards categories introduced this year.
- Favorite Afrobeats Artist nominee Wizkid and first-time AMA nominee Tems will each take the stage, marking both artists’ first time performing on the AMAs. Their AMA-nominated hit single, “Essence,” is up for Favorite R&B Song.
- Artist, songwriter and actor Yola will take the stage to perform her original song “Break the Bough,” which has been named the American Music Awards SONG OF SOUL, a spotlight moment that highlights an artist that uses music to invoke social change. Fresh off her acting debut in Elvis, Yola will showcase her genre fluid music on the AMAs stage for the first time in her career.
- DJ, producer/rapper and philanthropist D-Nice will spin throughout the night as the 2022 AMAs House DJ.
Fan voting is now open via VoteAMAs.com and Twitter in all award categories, except Favorite K-Pop Artist. Voting for Favorite K-Pop Artist will open Tuesday, Nov. 1.