Problem with this week’s theme, “Idols at the Movies” is that it’s very broad.Ãƒâ€š In the past, the theme has not only included songs on soundtracks, but any song that’s appeared in any movie at any time.
In other words, this theme is about as broad as the “Any song that’s been downloaded by anybody at anytime” theme ofÃƒâ€š a couple of weeks ago.
Oh song Gods, please help the kids choose a little more creatively than they did the last time…
What I’m really looking forward to, is film director, Quentin Tarantino, mentoring the kids.Ãƒâ€š Anybody who remembers his stint as a guest judge during Season 3’s movie week, knows Quentin can be hilarious, but also doesn’t pull punches, so this should be good.
You first. I spent nearly all day finishing up my income taxes and am now too depressed to even contemplate what the Idols should sing this week. I’ll edit in my choices later today.
I didn’t rip this idea off of Mara Johnson, I’ve been thinking all day about creating a list of songs from Tarentino soundtracks.Ãƒâ€š Not that it will happen, but it would be cool:
- Adam Lambert – “Street Life” by Randy Crawford – Jackie Brown – Dancerific! – VIDEO
- Allison Iraheta – “Baby it’s You” by Smith – Death Proof – Allison, getting all torch!Ãƒâ€š VIDEO – or Maura’s selection, Maria McKee’s “If Love is a Red Dress” from Pulp Fiction – VIDEO
- Anoop Desai – “Strawberry Letter 23″ by Brothers Johnson - Jackie Brown - Imagine Anoop’s smooth vocals wrapping around this – VIDEO
- Danny Gokey – “Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood by Santa Esmerelda – Kill Bill – A plea to all who criticize his dead wife pimping ways. – VIDEO
- Kris Allen – I’m in agreeance with Maura here: “Lonesome Town” by Ricky Nelson – Pulp Fiction – Watch the fangirls swoon! -Ãƒâ€š VIDEO
- Lil Rounds – “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green – Pulp Fiction – An opposite gender pick might help Lil escape the karaoke label. Or, she could just butcher it. – VIDEO
- Matt Giraud – “The Love You Save (may be your own) – by Joe Tex – Fits right into that cozy R&B box the judges built– just for Matt… – VIDEO.