- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Next week, The Voice pool of 40 contestants will be cut down to 20 in the “Knockout Rounds.” The following week, 20 will become 12 as the live rounds begin. Viewers will vote to advance two members from each team, while each coach chooses a contestant to advance to the next round.
The voting rounds will begin with a 3 night extravaganza during election week. Two hour performance shows will air on Monday and Wednesday. The Top 12 will be unveiled in a one hour results show on Thursday.
The Voice will go head to head with Simon Cowell’s X Factor on Wednesday November 7th and Thursday November 8. Oops. Sorry Simon!
Once the Top 12 competition begins, the lowest 2 vote getters will be sent home every week regardless of which team they come from.
Read the press release below:
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – October 26, 2012 – During Election Week of November 5, NBC’s “The Voice” will roll out of the Knockout Rounds into the live Playoffs – and audience members have their first chance to vote for their favorite artists as the hit vocal competition series must choose the Top 12 singers — forcing the four coaches to take only three artists to advance.The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment.
“As ‘The Voice’ enters the crucial Presidential Election week, our audiences will see yet another twist for this cycle as they get a democratic opportunity to determine the top two singers from each team that will be safe,” said Telegdy. “In addition, the coaches get to choose one artist of their own from their teams to continue into the next week as we compile our Top 12 singers.”
“The Voice” is the #1 unscripted series of the new fall season in adults 18-49 and total viewers, averaging a 5.2 rating, 14 share in 18-49 and 14.1 million viewers overall with its Monday edition. The Tuesday telecast is delivering a 4.7 rating, 14 share in 18-49 and 12.8 million viewers overall. Counting all primetime series on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox (except sports pre- and post-game shows), the Monday “Voice” is #4 so far this season in 18-49 and #8 in total viewers, while the Tuesday edition is tied for #6 in 18-49 and #14 in total viewers.
During the pivotal week of “Playoffs,” each coach will have five artists on their respective teams, who will perform over the live shows during a three-night event on Monday, November 5 (8-10 p.m. ET) and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 p.m. ET) — culminating with a Results show on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 p.m. ET) that will reveal “The Voice’s” Top 12 artists.
After viewing this trial to see if they have what it takes, America then will choose two artists to be saved for each coach’s team — and the coach will be allowed to choose one final singer to round out each team of three artists – all to be revealed on the Playoff Results show on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 p.m. ET). The four coaches and their teams will move on to regular live shows during the remaining competition of “The Voice.”
During the Knockout Rounds on October 29-30 (8-10 p.m. ET both nights), the battle winners and coach steals will have to prove themselves worthy to get to the live Playoffs. They will compete head-to-head in a sudden death vocal matchup. At the start of the Knockouts, each coach had 10 artists left — eight battle winners and two steals.
The artists will have no clue who they are up against until they are about to perform. Coaches will line their teams up on the stage and call out two artists to go head-to-head immediately. This time the competitors will pick their own song, one which they feel symbolizes who they are as an artist. Each singer will then perform for all of the coaches, while their opposing teammate watches from a stool in the ring. The coach then decides who earns the live show spot and the other artist is eliminated.
“The Voice” features the strongest vocalists from across the country invited to compete in the blockbuster vocal competition show’s third season. Celebrity musician coaches Christina Aguilera, CeeLo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton return along with Carson Daly as host and Christina Milian as Social Media Correspondent.
In the final live performance phase of the competition, the top artists from each team will compete each week against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save their favorite artists and the two artists with the lowest number of votes will be sent home each week, no matter what team they are on. In the end, one will be named “The Voice” and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract.
- Powered by Disqus
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!
- American Idol 12 The Finale – Recap, Results VIDEO
- Watch the American Idol Live Finale Pre-Show Right Here at 6:30 (UPDATED)