- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Read the official press release announcing Scotty McCreery’s appearances on American Idol next week. He’ll appear on Tuesday’s performance show to sing the goodbye song “Please Remember Me” and on Wednesday he will “help celebrate the winner of Season 11.”
Perhaps he’ll be presenting the winner with his/her trophy? Season 9 winner, Lee Dewyze turned down Nigel’s offer to be involved with the Season 10 presentation last season, which turned into quite the bruahaha. Good times!
NASHVILLE, TN – Scotty McCreery will return to the stage of American Idol on Tuesday and Wednesday during the much-anticipated Season 11 finale of the popular FOX show.
On Tuesday, he will sing “Please Remember Me,” the song he recorded as this season’s “goodbye song” that was played after a contestant was eliminated and video highlights of the contestant’s experiences on Idol were shown. On Wednesday, he will help celebrate the winner of Season 11.
“I am so excited about going back to American Idol and seeing everyone again,” he says. “I hope to spend some time with the finalists, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez, and share some of my experiences with them. I can’t believe that it’s been a year since I was in their shoes.”
And what a year it has been. So far, he has earned a platinum debut album, two gold singles and two new artist awards. And now he has been nominated for two awards at the Teen Choice Awards, which will be held July 22 at the Gibson Ampitheater at Universal Studios in Los Angeles.
His nominations are in the categories of Choice Male Country Artist and Choice TV: Male Reality Star (American Idol). The awards show, which airs live on FOX, honors the year’s biggest achievements in music, movies, sports, television, fashion and other aspects of popular culture.
“I am so grateful for all of my teen fans. Since I’m still a teenager myself, their support has meant everything to me over the last year,” he says.
This weekend will be a big one for Scotty, who returns tonight to Brad Paisley’s “Virtual Reality Tour 2012” presented by Chevrolet . On Sunday, he will be up for two awards—the all-genre Top New Artist and Top Country Album for Clear As Day—at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.
“The Trouble With Girls” video is nominated for the CMT Music Awards’ USA Weekend Breakthrough Video Award, which will be presented June 6 in Nashville. In addition, he recently received a nomination for Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the 24th annual MusicRow Awards, which will be held on June 20 at BMI in Nashville.
Since winning Season Ten of American Idol in May 2011, he hasquickly emerged as one of the most successful country stars of the lastyear. He won New Artist of the Year at the Academy of Country Music Awards in April, the same award he received at the American Country Awards in December.
His debut album, Clear As Day, was certified platinum for sales ofmore than 1 million units in just three months, and he was namedNo. 1 on Billboard magazine’s list of Top New Country Artists for 2011.
Clear As Day debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top CountryAlbums charts, making him the youngest man in history to open at the topof the all-genre chart with a debut release. It also garnered the highestsales of any country solo album released last year and held the No. 1 spoton the Billboard Top Country Albums chart for six weeks. The album’sfirst two singles, “I Love You This Big” and “The Trouble With Girls,” have also been certified gold, and his current single, “Water Tower Town,” is climbing the charts.
Tagged with: Scotty McCreery
- Powered by Disqus
- DWTS Stars Perform on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina Performs at Sea World Orlando (VIDEO)
- Reality Chief, Mike Darnell Leaving FOX in June
- Blake Shelton Oklahoma Relief Benefit Concert to Air Live on NBC May 29
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced