- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
The boys of One Direction will be lending mentor, Simon Cowell, a hand when the X Factor UK alums drop by the X Factor USA results show on Thursday to perform TWO songs.
It will be the war of the singing show alums as The Voice–in a special Thursday results show scheduled opposite the X Factor–boasts a performance from Season 2 winner, Jermaine Paul.
While One Direction are global superstars, Jermaine Paul is…well he IS NOT. The Voice may be winning the ratings war, but so far Simon’s got the battle of the recording stars all sewn up .Ha.
Read the press release below
This week, One Direction – the global sensation that rose to fame on the U.K. version of “The X Factor” – will take the stage to perform two songs, “Live While We’re Young” and “Little Things,” on THE X FACTOR’s first LIVE results show of the season, Thursday, Nov. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), on FOX.
“Having come from the U.K. ‘X Factor,’ we can’t wait to perform on the U.S. stage – it’s going to be a great night!” said group member Zayn Malik.
“We’re really excited to be on the American ‘X Factor,’” added fellow member Niall Horan. “It’ll be the first time we’ve performed in front of ‘Uncle Si’ since we were on the U.K. ‘X Factor.’ So, hopefully, we’ll make him proud!”
One Direction – Horan, Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson – were discovered on the U.K.’s “The X Factor” in 2010. The band quickly gained a following to become one of the competition’s all-time most popular acts, finishing in the final three and garnering a gigantic and loyal fanbase along the way. In March 2012, One Direction’s debut album, “Up All Night,” made U.S. history, as it was the first time a U.K. group’s debut album entered the U.S. Billboard 200 chart at No. 1. The band has sold over 12 million records worldwide. On Nov. 13, One Direction will release its sophomore album, “Take Me Home,” which includes the No. 1 single, “Live While We’re Young.”
Globally, artists discovered by “The X Factor” format have sold more than 120 million records worldwide, including 110 No. 1, 270 Top 10 and 501 Top 50 releases. Local versions of “The X Factor” are now commissioned in more than 41 territories and the format has won numerous accolades worldwide, including three BAFTA’s, numerous NTA’s, as well as the coveted Rose d’Or. The U.S. version of THE X FACTOR airs in 166 countries.
On Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), THE X FACTOR heats up as the finalists, with the help of their mentors, take the stage once again. But this time, it will be up to America, as well as the judges, to decide who moves forward in the competition. Immediately after Wednesday’s performance show, fans will be able to vote via 1) Verizon Touch Voting on The Xtra Factor App on Verizon Android devices; 2) toll-free calling; 3) text messaging for Verizon Wireless customers; and 4) online at TheXFactorUSA.com. Fans with valid Facebook accounts can also vote at Facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA.
On Thursday, Nov. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), after One Direction’s performances, hosts Khloé Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez will reveal the results of America’s votes.
For more information on One Direction, please visit www.onedirectionmusic.com.
THE X FACTOR continues to break social TV records with the most fan engagement of any series on television and three times the social activity of its genre competitors. Each episode consistently achieves more Twitter trending topics than the competition. The second season premiere of THE X FACTOR shattered the record for a series premiere, garnering 1.4 million social comments, according to Bluefin Labs.
THE X FACTOR was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Nigel Hall are executive producers for Syco Television. Trish Kinane, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America. “Like” THE X FACTOR on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA. Follow the series on Twitter @TheXFactorUSA and join the discussion at #xfactor.
- Powered by Disqus
- Former X Factor Producer Set to Helm Dancing With the Stars
- Glee Season 5 – Listen to ALL the Songs from “The Back Up Plan”
- American Idol 13 Top 6 – Predictions, Poll Results, iTunes Rankings
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Rises, Survivor Dips to Season Low
- Phillip Phillips Responds Live on GMA to a Prom Proposal (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13 – Watch Dexter Roberts Swing Dance (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 4/24/14
- Carrie Underwood Makes Time Magazine’s 2014 100 Most Influential List!
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 04/24/14
- Caleb Johnson – Sting Me – American Idol 13 Top 6 – VIDEO
- Jessica Meuse – Jolene – American Idol 13 Top 6 – VIDEO
- American Idol 13 Top 6 – Take the Polls! (PHOTO GALLERY)
- American Idol XIII – Top 6 – Live Blog – Performance Videos
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 10 – Recap and Discussion (UPDATED)
- American Idol 13 Top 6 NEW Portrait Photos
- Bachelorette Contestant Died After a Paragliding Accident
- American Idol XIII – Idol Chat with M&M – The Top 6 Power Lists
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Down, Glee Remains Dire
- Survivor: Cagayan Ponderosa Videos and Thoughts
- Freemantle Media Will Stop Taking Down American Idol Youtube Clips
- Idol Headlines for 4/23/14
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/20/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Song Spoilers
- Glee Season 5 – Opening Night – Recap and Performance Videos (UPDATED)
- The Voice 6 Top 12 Elimination Live Blog (UPDATED POLLS)